5 Questions need answers!

Civil Rights - Questions & Answers

About Answers to Questions

Answers to questions are provided for informational purposes only and are not intended as legal, medical, financial, or other professional advice or as a substitute for seeking professional assistance on your particular situation or factual circumstances. Thryv, Inc., provider of, disclaims any and all liability for the information provided in Answers, including from your reliance on Answers for any purpose. Any responders designated as a “Pro” are practitioners in their relevant field, but their Answers represent their own opinions and are not endorsed by Thryv, Inc. Some responders, such as those designated as “Content Contributor,” may receive some form of compensation for providing Answer content. Information provided in Answers may not represent the full scope of options available in the relevant field, and may not be updated to account for recent changes in an industry or market. If you have a medical or other emergency, please dial 911 or contact a professional to seek appropriate assistance with your specific concern.

Answers provided for informational purposes only – not intended as professional advice on any particular situation. This site disclaims all liability for Answers.

All Questions (39)

Filter by Topic:

I live in a monthly condo. fee. Why do I have ti fix problems outside the building they are responsible for?


Who can I email my complaints about the California Covid-19 Rent Relif Program wrongfully denying me as well as denying me the ability to submit a late 3 day late appeal even though I did contact them within 30 days and have been waiting years for them?


June 13 2023 I was riding an ATV on the street a police officer comes out of nowhere and cuts me off causing me to flip the ATV I requested medical attention I was visibly bleeding and hurt he denied medical attention until I mentioned a lawyer


Where do I find an advocate when I know my child's 504 Plan is not being followed?


How can a person get legal advocacywhen a victim of a state agency with HIPAA violations?



If you are a victim of a state agency that has violated HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), you may seek legal advocacy by following these steps:
  1. Document the violation: Gather all relevant information and evidence related to the HIPAA violation. This can include any documents, emails, or records that demonstrate the violation and the harm it has caused you.
  2. Research and understand your rights: Familiarize yourself with HIPAA regulations and the rights it provides to individuals. This will help you understand the extent of the violation and how it has impacted your privacy and healthcare information.
  3. Contact the state agency: If you haven't already done so, start by contacting the state agency responsible for the violation. Clearly express your concerns and request a resolution. It's important to have records of these communications.
  4. Seek legal advice: Consult with an attorney specializing in healthcare law or privacy law. They can provide expert guidance on your rights, the strength of your case, and the appropriate legal actions to take.
  5. Contact the Office for Civil Rights (OCR): The OCR is the federal agency responsible for enforcing HIPAA regulations. They investigate complaints related to unauthorized disclosures, inadequate safeguards, or other HIPAA violations. To file a complaint, visit the OCR's official website and follow their complaint process.
  6. Consider mediation: Depending on the severity of the violation and the desired outcome, you may explore mediation as an alternative to a full-scale lawsuit. A mediator can help facilitate a resolution between you and the state agency, potentially avoiding lengthy and costly legal procedures.
  7. File a lawsuit: If mediation and other attempts at resolution fail or if your case is serious enough, you might want to consider filing a lawsuit against the state agency. Your attorney will guide you through this process, gather evidence, and present your case in court.

Remember, the exact steps and requirements may vary based on your specific circumstances and jurisdiction. It's crucial to consult with an attorney who can provide tailored advice based on your situation.

...Read More