5 Questions need answers!

Malpractice - Questions & Answers

About Answers to Questions

Answers to questions are provided for informational purposes only and are not intended as legal, medical, financial, or other professional advice or as a substitute for seeking professional assistance on your particular situation or factual circumstances. Thryv, Inc., provider of, disclaims any and all liability for the information provided in Answers, including from your reliance on Answers for any purpose. Any responders designated as a “Pro” are practitioners in their relevant field, but their Answers represent their own opinions and are not endorsed by Thryv, Inc. Some responders, such as those designated as “Content Contributor,” may receive some form of compensation for providing Answer content. Information provided in Answers may not represent the full scope of options available in the relevant field, and may not be updated to account for recent changes in an industry or market. If you have a medical or other emergency, please dial 911 or contact a professional to seek appropriate assistance with your specific concern.

Answers provided for informational purposes only – not intended as professional advice on any particular situation. This site disclaims all liability for Answers.

All Questions (27)

Filter by Topic:

What do I do to get help for a hospitl not findin what was wrong with me to where I've could have died.



I'm not a healthcare professional, but I can offer you some general suggestions on seeking help if you feel that a hospital has inadequately diagnosed or treated a medical condition. Here are a few steps you might consider:

  1. Seek a second opinion: Consult another doctor or specialist to review your case and provide a fresh perspective. They may be able to identify any missed diagnoses or treatment options.

  2. Gather medical records: Collect all the medical records related to your diagnosis and treatment from the hospital. Having this information accessible will be important when seeking a second opinion or consulting other healthcare professionals.

  3. Research your condition: Educate yourself about your symptoms and potential diagnoses through credible sources. This knowledge can help you better understand your situation and engage in informed discussions with medical professionals.

  4. Contact a patient advocate: Many hospitals have patient advocacy departments that can assist you in navigating through any concerns or issues you may have had with your care. They can help guide you through the appropriate channels and offer support.

  5. Consult a medical malpractice attorney (if appropriate): If you believe you have been the victim of medical malpractice, consider seeking legal advice from an attorney who specializes in this field. They can assess your case and provide guidance on the appropriate steps to take.

Remember, the best course of action may vary depending on the specifics of your situation. It's always recommended to consult with medical professionals and follow their advice.

...Read More

I had a full knee replacement done a little over a year ago. I am still in pain and the Dr that did the procedure tells me there is nothing more he can do for me. I have since gone to another knee specialist that has advised me that the first Dr. did not do the procedure correctly. Can I sue first Dr?



I'm not a lawyer, but I can offer some general information that may be helpful. When considering legal action against a doctor for medical malpractice, several factors need to be considered. These factors generally include:

  1. Standard of care: You will need to establish that the first doctor failed to provide a standard level of care that another competent doctor would have provided under similar circumstances.

  2. Causation: You must demonstrate that the first doctor's negligence directly caused your continued pain or any additional complications you may have faced.

  3. Damages: It's essential to prove that you suffered actual harm, such as physical pain, emotional distress, additional medical expenses, or lost wages due to the first doctor's actions or lack thereof.

  4. Statute of limitations: There is a time limit within which you must file a medical malpractice lawsuit. This time limit varies by state, so it's important to consult with a lawyer to understand the deadlines specific to your case.

Given the complexity of medical malpractice cases, it's advisable to consult with a personal injury attorney experienced in medical malpractice lawsuits. They can evaluate the details of your situation, review your medical records, consult with experts, and advise you on the best course of action.

...Read More

If a surgeon performs surgery on a patient and it causes chronic health issues can you sue them for that



Depending on the nature of the case, a patient may be able to sue a surgeon if the surgery causes chronic health issues. The patient may hire a lawyer to file a medical malpractice lawsuit, after demonstrating the surgeon’s deviation from the accepted standard of care, and how it proved to be a direct cause of their chronic health issues. The patient would need to demonstrate that the surgeon’s negligence was the direct cause of their chronic health issues to pursue a successful medical malpractice claim. It is advisable to seek legal advice from a qualified attorney in your area....Read More

Wonder if I have a case against anesthesiologist that damaged throat(2020 surgery)? I've already had 2 surgeries with at least 2 more to correct the damage. Not sure where to turn or go. I believe my time is running out, but I cannot pay for all of this



Without additional information about the specific circumstances of your surgery and the damage to your throat, it is difficult to provide a definitive answer to your question.

However, in general, medical malpractice cases can be complicated and difficult to prove. You would need to show that the anesthesiologist was negligent in some way and that their negligence caused your injury. You would also need to demonstrate the damages you have suffered as a result of the injury.

If you believe that you have a case for medical malpractice, you should consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney who can provide guidance and advice about your specific situation. They can help you determine whether you have a case, what your legal options are, and what kind of damages you may be entitled to recover.

It is also worth noting that there may be time limits, known as statutes of limitations, for filing a medical malpractice claim. These limits vary by state, so it is important to act quickly to protect your legal rights.

...Read More

If you had surgery 10 days ago and you are still bleed[ng because you were injurnied with them trying to put a catheter in



You should contact your doctor immediately. This could be a sign of a complication or infection, and it is important to get it checked out as soon as possible. Bleeding for 10 days after surgery is not normal and should be addressed by a medical professional....Read More