Answers provided for informational purposes only – not intended as professional advice on any particular situation. DexYP disclaims all liability for Answers.
YP AnswersTo keep yourself safe from fraud or a possible scam, always remember to ask plumbers for their license along with a written warranty for their labor. Besides this, further safeguard yourself by checking their references and ensure they or their company is insured and bonded to do their work....Read More
YP AnswersIf you're having hot water issues, you can examine the thermostat and adjust it accordingly. If you hear odd sounds coming from your water heater, it could be due to sediment building up. To get rid of this, make sure you clean out the heater every few months. However, if you hear a boiling noise, it could mean the heater is overheating and you should call a plumbing professional as soon as possible....Read More
YP AnswersFrozen pipes are hazardous and can cause massive amounts of damage to your home. To prevent your pipes from freezing during the winter, run your faucets at a trickle and keep your house's heater at 55 degrees Fahrenheit or above to keep the water flowing....Read More
- Be mindful of how much water you use in your bathroom, kitchen and even outdoors when watering your lawn.
- Make sure your toilet handle works properly and doesn't stick.
- Replace old shower heads with more efficient low-flow options that can cut down on the gallons of water you use each morning.
- Turning off the water while you brush your teeth
- Only running your dishwasher or clothes washer when you have a full load.
YP AnswersYes. If you're interested in buying a new home or property, it's smart to hire a contractor or a plumbing service to not only tell you if the building's foundation is sound, but also if the pipes are in good working order....Read More