Tips & Advice
Where can vacuum cleaner replacement owner manuals be found?
If a customer cannot find or does not have the owner's manual for his or her vacuum cleaner, it can usually be found online on the manufacturer's website.
What is a ducted vacuum cleaner?
Ducted vacuum cleaners, also called central vacuum systems, are appliances installed into the building itself. Users can plug in the hose and begin cleaning right away; no outlets or cords are needed.
How often should vacuum filters be changed?
Bagless vacuums should have filters replaced every three months.
Do vacuum repair shops provide loaners?
Many vacuum repair shops offer free loaners to customers.
Where is the best place to have a vacuum cleaner repaired?
Big-box stores that sell vacuum cleaners usually offer vacuum repair services. Vacuum repair shops are also a good resource, but might have shorter hours. but . Manufacturers might also offer repair services for vacuum cleaners they produce.
What is the main cause of a vacuum losing suction?
- A full or damaged bag
- Dirty filters
- Clogs in the hose, body, or brush
- Holes or cracks in the hose
- A brush that doesn't spin
- A dying motor
Are there any basic vacuum cleaner repairs that can be made at home?
Yes. These simple repairs are free to do at home:
- Address an overworked vacuum by hitting the overload switch and letting the motor cool.
- Fix a clog by using a broom handle or other long object to clear the obstruction from the hose.
- If the vacuum is difficult to push across carpeting, search for a manual height adjustment.
These easy repairs are inexpensive:
- Fix weak suction not due to clogs by replacing the bag, or replacing or cleaning the filters. This costs $10=$70. This repair gets most expensive when a filter can't be cleaned.
- Fix a brush that doesn't turn by replacing it, and/or replacing the belt. This can cost $3-$40.
Why are bagless vacuum cleaners more expensive to repair?
Vacuums that have a bag collect dust, dirt, and debris in one central location that is easy to take out and throw away. Bagless vacuums don't have this benefit. As a result, the pathways and nooks inside the cleaner become dusty and clogged over time. It's more time-consuming and challenging to thoroughly clean a bagless vacuum, and as a result, most vacuum repair business charge more for this service.
How long does it take to have a vacuum cleaner repaired?
This depends on the shop. Some may return customers' vacuums within one to two business days. Others may take up to 10 business days.
How much does it cost to repair a vacuum cleaner?
This depends on the issue. Some common repairs for vacuum cleaners include:
- Belt change ($8-$15)
- Brush replacement ($25-$45)
- Cleaning ($25-$45)
For repair jobs completed at a customer's home, there might be a service charge added that costs between $45-$85.