I am not the one to usually complain but I had the worst car rental experiences I ever.
Problems with this location:
- They charged me for gas even though I filled up before returning the car.
- They do not have a drop box for key.
- The agent wanted to hang up the call in the middle of the conversation because it was 6p and closing time.
Problems with Avis:
- Their billing system is screwed up; double billed me.
- Their agents are rude overall and clueless many times.
- My rental intended to be for 1 day at $30 ($20 + taxes). I had the keys for 3 more days since the location was close when I returned the car and I was traveling). And they billed me 530$ - they increased the 20$ to 40$ for each of the days, charged me a weekly fee of $280, tacked a late fee of $30 saying that I did not inform them (when in fact I called them every day), added a refueling charge of $14 when I returned the car tank full.
- Claimed to refund the weekly rental charge the first time but did not see any refund.
- Refunded the late fee (supposedly as a courtesy) and the refuel fee (again as a courtesy - when I should not be charged in the first place).
- When I called to dispute the weekly rental charge, they remove it, jack up the daily rate from 19.99 to 39.99 ( for the first 2 days) and ADD BACK the late fee.