West Hills Masonry
109 Meadowcreek Rd, Brea, CA 92821
(714) 519-5009Add Hours
No coupons available
I am a first year widow and I am so hurt by the mistreatment given by the West Hills Masonry owner and 1st Project Manager. We started our 2 ½ week project 12/5/16 and they finally finished 9/8/17. It took 257 extra days because they consistently broke promises and failed to show up.
We picked them after their fantastic “sales pitch.” We wanted the job done quickly and they promised we could use our hardscape patio before Christmas.
They forgot to include 5 drip lines, “mickey-moused” a drip system pillar that doesn’t match the others and does not look like it will last long. They poured cement so sloped that no furniture could be used on it without tipping over. We voiced our concerns prior to the pouring that the ground was not level and they said, “all those things will be taken care of.” What they meant was, they would coerce us into pay thousands more to achieve a usable patio.
Basic summary: 1st impression- great, 1st week- fine, then promises were broken, no shows, skill-level poor in several important big areas, forgetful.
The “family-owner business” owner was “not in touch” with what’s going on with his customers. He chose not to meet with us when we asked him to come out for the final conversation. The owner made an intimidating statement through email.
They flat out lie on their website: “Our award-winning service is your guarantee! Let us prove it… we won’t let you down.” Do not believe them. They personally let me down 70+ times! With a 257-day delay, they might have set a record.
My summary of working with West Hills Masonry:
- Impressive at first meeting.
- Promised a 2 week project (it took 9+ months to finish and there are MAJOR defects).
- Project manager rarely on site- many things we had discussed didn’t get passed along to the guys actually working on-site.
- Project manager had great communication at start. As more errors occurred, communication was less effective.
- Project manager was a no show to one meeting without notice.
- Poured cement for a patio with a 12 inch slope (who has EVER asked for a slanted patio?!?!)
- Coerced us into paying more money to fix the problem of the slope.
- Final product did not look like our designs in many important ways
- 5 of the drip lines that were in the original plan were forgotten and never installed.
- One of the drip lines installed was never connected properly and could give us slab leak issues in the future.
- Bench seat is taller than standard height making it uncomfortable for adults to use.
- Project manager kept saying the project was finished and asking for the final check, though the project still wasn’t done. They would take weeks to a month to fix an issue, and come back asking for the check, when there were still active issues.
Though they were impressive upon first meeting and claimed they wanted us to be 100% satisfied, this was obviously not the case. Their website claims, “We just want to do things right by our customers. We wouldn't have it any other way than the right way of doing things!” and that is obviously a blatant lie! I would strongly urge customers to take their business elsewhere as to avoid the mishaps, stresses, and abuse we have gone through. If you do decide to use this company, please make sure you have all details- even minute ones- laid out in writing (none of the “we’ll work with you as we go” nonsense), protect yourself by keeping a detailed log of all interactions with the company for when issues arise, and make sure you set a firm finish date, and they are willing to pay you for loss of use if they are running late.