- General Info
- Canine Smiles has offered shop or mobile Anesthesia Free Teeth Cleaning (AFTC) in the Austin area for over 15 years (see Testimonials on our web site) in addition to our grooming services (www.perfectpoochgrooming.com). We have a SATISFACTION GUARANTEED policy for our AFTC service. AFTC involves training your pet to relax in a calm environment using our step-by-step proprietary behavioral techniques, developed over many years of our experience with grooming and teeth cleaning; so scaling and polishing can be accomplished to remove plaque and tartar build-up (See Cited References on our web site). Humans learn to tolerate this procedure without anesthesia, and most dogs (approximately 95%), because of their learning ability can as well. This service is available for all dogs, however, it is particularly suited for senior dogs as many owners of these dogs eventually halt anesthesia cleaning because of potential risks. Tartar buildup can result in advanced periodontal disease with its subsequent degradation of the dog's overall health. AFTC is not appropriate for dogs who already have moderate to severe dental disease present. Your veterinarian must examine your dog first and sign the authorization for AFTC we have made this available for you to print out (Veterinary Authorization Page see web site).
- Email Business
Canine Smiles will change the way you think about dog teeth cleaning. We don't feed our pets table scraps or people food, but some small dogs are just prone to stinky breath. Over the years we probably spent thousands of dollars on our beloved Jack Russell Terriers, who were with us for 14 and 17 years, having their teeth cleaned at the vet. I was always a little nervous because at the Vet they put the animals under anesthesia and there is always risk in that!
I was determined to try something different with our new 4 year old Jack Russell. I bought all the supplies at the pet store and thought if I brushed his teeth once a week, we would never have the problem we had with our other dogs. But of course, it just wasn't that easy! Then I was so lucky to find that the owners of the mobile dog grooming business we use, Perfect Pooch, had come up with a technique to do a thorough teeth cleaning and I could have it done whether or not our pet needed to be groomed at the time.
We are "those" people. Yes, the ones that treat our dogs like they are humans and one of the family. It may seem silly, but besides the obvious benefit of our pet's breath being better, taking care of your dog's teeth is one of the keys to a long and healthy life. Beyond the obvious better breath factor, dental disease can actually lead to problems with your pet's organs, such as the heart. Caring for your pet's teeth can prevent other health problems as well, saving you tons of money over the long term! We HIGHLY recommend giving CANINE SMILES an opportunity to treat your furry friend. :)
Phone: (512) 680-4952
Address: 11706 Sterlinghill Dr, Austin, TX 78758
People Also Viewed
- Cypress Creek Pet Care
2105 Cypress Creek Rd, Cedar Park, TX 78613
- Tech Ridge Pet Hospital
12601 Tech Ridge Blvd, Austin, TX 78753
- Best Friends Boarding Kennel
1 State Highway 304, Rosanky, TX 78953
- Griffith Small Animal Hospital
3407 Northland Dr, Austin, TX 78731
- Heart of Texas Veterinary Specialty Center & 24 Hour Emergency Center
115 E Old Settlers Blvd, Round Rock, TX 78664
- Rainbow Bridge Pet Crematory