Michael Culver DVM
319 Tackett Creek Rd, Williamsburg, KY 40769
We have been going to Culver's for years. His prices were affordable and it was close to home. However. there was a time my cat was deathly ill and he refused to stay open a few minutes to briefly examine her. Luckily, the vet in jacksboro did and she managed to survive with their treatment. I recently took some dogs to be heartworm tested and unfortunately they were positive. Culver said the only treatment was injection that could in turn kill my dogs if they were to get too excited. I was heartbroken until I realized other vets offered the pill. Culver never mentioned the pill. I had them transfer the documents to LaFollette and it took them three days to just fax it. Some of the people were very nice but others were not. When I called LaFollette back to check with them because I had Williamsburg contact them they had told them my one young dog had a heavy burden of heartworms when they told me they were mild. I am heartbroken and begin calling only to be scolded by a woman who couldnt care less how bad my dogs heartworms are and only insisted that I treat them and get over it. I will never take my business or my babies to this facility again. It is unprofessional. They do not document correct information and only rely on exhausted memory.
Dr culver has worked on my horses, dogs and cats. I have had nothing but kind and loving service from this gentle man. He tries to do things within the clients budget, gives you your options and recommendations, has helped me through many emergencies, as well as basic yearly care, spays, neuters, etc for my animals.
Its very easy for people to blame vets when unvaccinated or incorrectly vaccinated dogs pass away. The reality is parvo dogs often pass away and many people are unable to afford the extensive in clinic care it would require for them to receive treatment and still possibly not survive. I had a horse that was poisoned that was taken to UT vet school hospital and despite 11 days of the highest tech care there is available, the vet applying for a grant to keep doing treatment, my poor horse still passed away with what would have totaled over $37,000 in vet care.
I took my APBT to Dr. Culver on (1/24/13) to find out what was wrong with him. He could not hold down his fluids or food and Mitchell had bad diarrhea with blood and his stool had a horrible smell to it. Mitchell is the name of my dog by the way. Born July 29,2012. A full blooded APBT with pedigree papers on him. I bought my dog for $400.00 when he was a young pup. He is registered to my girlfriend.
Dr. Culver did not test Mitchell for parvo, only checked for worms. Mitchell did have worms, although wormed several times. Mitchell did have roundworms and whipworms, but that is not why Mitchell was so sick. Mitchell had parvo and Dr. Culver did not test him for that. I spoke with Dr. Culver today (1/28/13) and Dr. Culver said he does not believe in using the parvo tests and when I first took Mitchell to Dr. Culver he blamed his ailments on worms. Dr.Culver also did not even use a professional weight scale for the animals he weighs. I dealt with many veterinarians in my day and I do not agree with his vagueness of when he spoke to me or how he did not return my phone calls. Very unprofessional! I will say no more than BEWARE !
Dr. Culver would not refund any of my money that he charged ($107.00)
or give me a credit at his facility. He sent my dog home to die and he knew that and if he did not know that he surely does not need to be practicing veterinary medicine on any type of animal! Richard W.