- General Info
- 12 Locations to Serve You 345 N. Maple Ann Arbor, MI 48103 12125 Dix Rd. Southgate, MI 48195 33955 Gratiot Clinton Township, MI 48035 22615 Ecorse Taylor, MI 48180 1410 E. Michigan Ave. Ypsilanti, MI 48198 34460 Ford Rd. Westland, MI 48185 25646 W. 8 Mile Rd. Southfield, MI 48075 2001 11 Mile Rd. Warren, MI 48092 20125 Ann Arbor Trail Dearborn Heights, MI 48127 22150 Coolidge Hwy. Oak Park, MI 48237 24900 Kelly Rd. Eastpointe, MI 48021 600 N. Telegraph Rd. Pontiac, MI 48341
- Home Furnishings, Men, Women, and Children's Clothing, Electronics
- Payment method
- visa, amex, discover, mastercard
- Visit our website for detailed locations, and maps.
- Other Information
Bike Parking: No
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Price Range : Below Average
I have shopped here for many years, probably about once a month or more. More and more frequently I find an item I want and it is NOT priced. The store policy is no price no sell. The most recent time this happened I brought the item up to the counter and they allowed it to be held until 10am the next day so it could be priced by a day manager. The next day I went to look up the number so i could call before taking time out of my work day and driving there. WELL they have no phone number for some reason, so I had no choice but to take a drive if I wanted my find. When I got there it was after 10am so I was made aware of that in a none too nice way. Low and behold the price that was decided on was too high, so I no longer wanted the item. WASTE OF TIME and gas.
A - story 'policy" should nevvvver trump keeping customers
B- prices of thrift store finds should not be in line with auction web-site prices. Otherwise why bother digging through tons of stuff to find what you want at a thrift store when you could just look it up on a computer???
I won't say i will never come back, but It will be more than a few months before I do. There are many other stores.
The Westland Value World listed on Ford Road has moved to Cowan Road, across from the north face of Westland Mall. It's the best store in the entire chain, and the whole family loves shopping at this particular store because
1) they took many of their best & friendliest employees with them
2) they always have an excellent selection of glassware, knick-knacks, jewelry, clothes, toys & games, books, music and general miscellanea
3) you never know what you're going to find
4) the prices are way better than other thrift stores we've patronized, and
5) they regularly feature 1/2-off everything weeks (with coupons available for free from their website.)
We have occasionally shown up without a coupon, and an employee usually manages to 'find one' for us. I don't do much shopping as a rule, but I'm always willing to take a ride over there because I never leave disappointed, and nobody around at the time has EVER declined the invitation to go with. Fun for all, and that's a fact.
Value World is a good thift store, but I get highly upset when they resale items to customers, when a person donate items with new tags on them. Who is to say that the same new item didnt go on sale. Furthermore, Value World sells it for maybe $2.00 dollars least then the price of the new item.
This is suppose to be a thift store, not a rip off ! ! !
SB of Dearborn Heights, MI
I just love this store. They always have a HUGE variety of clothes here, most being in great condition! Having three kids and one income (husband works, I stay home) , makes this store budjet friendly. I do all my summer shopping here, and most of my back to school shopping. My kids love coming here as well. There is no telling my kids no, im sorry we cant aford that right now, They can basically have what they want here.
The store is pretty well organized as far as used stores go, they are a lot better then most. They are really clean, which is a nice change to most.
Phone: (734) 728-4610
Address: 35300 Central City Pkwy, Westland, MI 48185