West Plains Motel
505 Porter Wagoner Blvd, West Plains, MO 65775
TollFree: (866) 884-3359
Be the first to add a photo!
Stayed here because we wanted a cheap place close to my Grandmother's funeral home. I asked for a double bed room and they gave me smoking, I did not care because I was told it was the only room they had with double beds. The sign says free WiFi and I was unable to get any WiFi, they even gave me a password for it, but I was never able to log onto it. The room looked clean enough, but very old and dated. It smelled like an old basement when we walked in, musky and moldy, but we were only sleeping there, and we were from out of town, so we just kept the room. It was a little scary because there were a lot of homeless looking people wandering around the parking lot and when I woke up in the middle of the night freezing because the heat didn't work and it was like 25-35 degrees outside..I decided to use the restroom, there were cockroaches all over the bathroom. I freaked out took my bags out to my car so the bugs wouldn't get in my stuff, but at 3:30 in the morning, who is going to go complain and leave..? I was too tired and emotionally drained from the fact I was there for my grandmother's funeral. So..first thing in the morning, I went to the front desk and told them about the bugs, the guy at the front desk told me he knows there are bugs there and that Terminex would be there in about an hour and a half. The owner, Kathy, was out of town apparently, so I had to wait till the following Monday to complain, she said I will take $20 off your room since you didn't complain when it happened or I would have refunded your whole amount, but at 3:30 in the morning! Ok, but you sold a room to me knowing it had roaches in it?! Who does that..then accused me of bringing them in, then told me if I wouldn't have gotten a smoking room I wouldn't have any roaches in it, but I don't smoke, I was told that was all there was available, she looked and told me there were non smoking rooms open..wow..just really aggravated..the whole experience was horrible and I will definitely not be going back. I even showed them the pictures and she told me that since they were only in the bathroom, that I saw, it really isn't a big deal. Completely unprofessional, disgusting and rude. Sometimes the extra money spent on a room is totally worth it, you live and you learn..so sad..and ever since staying there I have been sick and lost my voice, after seeing the Dr today, apparently I have a severe allergy to mold..maybe that explains the basement smell..not sure how this place is still open, but I can guarantee I will do everything in my power to make sure it is all up to code so nobody else has to deal with the same crap I had to..oh and one more thing, they never said anything about complimentary breakfast..I just happened to see that on the internet for them..probably best I didn't eat there anyways..