2149 E Garvey Ave N, West Covina, CA 91791
No coupons available
Be aware of this company. Jasen McDonough was hired to demo one of our company's projects in Santa Monica. Priority Demolition subed the whole project to another demo company. Jasen was paid in full for this project back in July 2016, but he has not paid the last invoice, $3,200 to his subcontractor as today. There are also unpaid invoices to the same subcontractor for another two projects. I've been after him for 4 months, but only got excuses and false promises. I should have contacted his subcontractor and paid with a joint check. Consider issues as followed twice, even you think you can handle the payment issue. If you need more detail info, I'll be happy to provide.
(1) As today, Priority Demolition's contractor's license is expired per California Contractor's License Board. Also check Priority and its subcontractor's (I doubted Priority has its own force.) GL, Worker's comp and auto insurances before they moving in.
(2) Why not contract with his subcontractor directly in lieu of a broker?
(3) Over promise that will cause delay. I had to resolve issues that Priority promised to take care of in order to keep the project moving.
(4) Have a detailed scope in the contract. Don't let "industry standard" or "that should be done by Owner" push you around.
(5) Never pay in advance, even for material or any deposit.