About Twin Falls Public Library Last Updated: July 28, 2010 2: 49pm admin Library History The Twin Falls Public Library is located near the heart of downtown Twin Falls at 201 4th Avenue East, ID 83301 Twin Falls The Library began in 1909 when a small group of citizens decided the area needed a place for books. The temporary library moved from building to building ( including Courthouse ), and in 1912, the city of Twin Falls agreed to support the Library. From 1913 to 1917, attempts were made to move the Library to a more permanent home ; it was hoped that a grant from the Carnegie Foundation would help make this possible. Unfortunately, a disagreement between the Library board, civic leaders, and the Carnegie Foundation committee led to the Foundation from withdrawing the funds. The Library was then moved to the Elks Building and spent 10 years there. In 1938, a Public Works Administration grant was applied for and received, and the Library moved into its current building in November 1939. In 1975, a second addition was added, and a third addition was added in 1991. The Mission of the Twin Falls Public Library is to provide the Community of Twin Falls access to information, materials, and services that enhances quality of life, builds community, and encourages a love of reading and lifelong learning. Popular materials for children and adults: The Library shall feature current, high-demand, high-interest materials in a variety of formats for people of all ages.