Bert and Gladys Melton started with four trucks Melton Truck Lines in Crossett, Ark., in 1954. The firm was originally intended to haul lumber and roofing products in Missouri, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico. Melton Truck Lines has since been purchased twice, in 1958 by William Duncan McRae and 1991 by Bob and Liz Peterson, but has maintained it s original name. The firm was approved as a bonded carrier with the customs service, which marked the start of a Mexican through-trailer service. Now Melton Truck Lines has sales offices in Mexico City and Monterrey, Mexico. The company has more than 340 trucks, in excess of 700 trailers and approximately 12 terminals.