Foothills Small Engine Repairs
20 Walnut Ln, Travelers Rest, SC 29690
(864) 834-7499Add Hours
No coupons available
Be the first to add a photo!
I purchased a deck driven blower / bagger assembly off of Craigslist for my Bobcat mower. It turned out to have been for an earlier model mower which created some fit-up challenges. The team at Foothills, made me aware of the problem and offered an excellent solution. They were upfront that it would cost more as I fully expected. They performed custom fabrication to the bagger support / mount structure and spent time with Bobcat Technical Support to ensure the correct pulley was identified and ordered. They kept me informed and updated the entire time (5 working days). Their work was top notch, you can't tell what was custom fab'ed from what was factory. To add to the overall experience I was pleasantly surprised with the final bill being less than expected. Honest people, quality workmanship, fast and fair pricing.....I will be back for sure.
I've had 3 positive experiences
1. I came in at closing and bought my mower as a man was walking out the door. It was obvious he was busy and ending a long day. He stayed, got me approved for financing and delivered my mower on the next business day.
2. The mower had a bad battery. Defective from the factory. They came out that day and replaced it.
3. On a holiday weekend, when they were very busy, again, my mower had a belt and pulley issue. I identified it, they promised it would be under warranty and made a trip to my home not too far from their shop. They are very nice and honest.
Stay away from this place.
Took 3 lawnmowers, a tiller, and a power washer for servicing at this shop. They gave my power washer to another customer by accident. Owner said he would buy me another power washer and to come out to his shop to pick it up, but when I showed up he said the model was out of stock in Greenville today. I called Lowe's at Cherrydale and Lowes of Greer after speaking with him. The Lowe's at Greer has 11 power washers still in the box and the Lowe's at Cherrydale has 1 power washer on the showroom floor. The owner was very rude and told me I could take my loss to the magistrate in TR. I paid over $300 for a power washer I no longer have and was charged me $74.77 to service my power washer that was given to the wrong customer. The owner told me that this happens and it's just business. He gave his word he would make it right with me.
Rude service and no honesty at this place. Plus they leave your equipment outside overnight.
This is the same owner who used to own the NAPA store in TR before turning it into a small engines business. The service was awful at NAPA: rudeness and often times not even attending the front desk. I live nearby and thought I'd get good service, but was wrong.
Some advice to the owner of the newly minted small engine shop:
1) no point in having someone pick up the phone who doesn't know the answers to your questions,
2) don't leave someone hanging on the phone for 3 minutes and expect them to call back like I did, they'll go elsewhere,
3) rudeness toward the customer who is asking you questions about your services should be answered as respectfully as you've received it,
4) if you are rude over the phone (and you were) toward someone asking you fundamental questions about services, don't expect them to show up to buy even a $5 fuel filter, it wont happen, even if you're a Walker dealer.
Conclusion: people won't put up with your poor attitude and even poorer communication skills.