Crenshaw Animal Hospital & Cat Clinic
24260 Crenshaw Blvd, Torrance, CA 90505
Specialties: Felines, Cats, Kittens, Dentistry
No coupons available
Their office visit price is $42 and their re-check price is $29. The Vet I saw last was Dr, Kwon. He treated me as if I was his only client and referred to my 6 month old kitten as "your baby" ... how nice is that? He has a dry-erase board in the room and he used it twice to thoroughly explain what was happening with my kitten. I've been to other Vets that have said, "let run bloodwork first" (which is very costly), but not this Vet. He suggested we try antibiotics first --- WOW --- just like a human. When we did decide on bloodwork, it wasn't $120 like other Vets, it was $50!! I'm so impressed with this animal hosptial.
Two days after I left there, they called to see how my kitten was doing ... amazing! And on my last visit, Dr. Kwon gave me a free bag of "iVET" kitten chow. This was not a sample bag, this was a full 3.5lb bag that normally costs about $10.00.
In the past, I've just jumped around from Vet to Vet seeking the lowest priced office visit, but not anymore. I've found Crenshaw Animal Hospital and I'm there to stay.
01/14/2009Provided by Citysearch -
Problem: My indoor-only cat had loose stool
Cost: over $1000 in just two consecutive days
Result: My cat's stool is firmer, and cat is doing fine.
Many unnecessary procedures were performed (barium, 2 sets of x-rays, organ checks, laxatone, muscle spasm medication which we never gave our cat)
All of the tests came out normal and the vet still does not know why she had loose stool.
I highly doubt that all of these procedures were necessary. The prices were outrageous. I consulted with a friend who said that the X-ray prices for her cat were half of what Crenshaw Animal Hospital's vet charged. Furthermore, they never consider giving discounts to long time customers. If I would have kept playing his game, the vet would have added an ultrasound to the list of unnecessary procedures (another $350 just for loose stool).
Recently, without permission, the technician (under the vet's orders) vaccinated my cat only two months after she had already been vaccinated. This can cause an onset of sarcoma (cancer) in cats. Mistakes like these should not happen.
Update: Dr. Yoo should not be licensed to practice veterinary medicine. Based on my experience, he has acted like a sleazy businessman instead. We had Dr. Yoo check our cat for Giardia. The results according to him showed our cat positive. He was ready to prescribe Giardia medication but I was hesitant and suspicious seeing that this was the 4th time our indoor cat came up positive after being vaccinated by him. Dr. Yoo was pushy in administering Giardia treatment, but we rejected it.
We then had her checked by an extremely reputable vet clinic in the South Bay which found that our cat was NEGATIVE and that there were no traces of Giardia cysts.
Dr. Yoo is a veterinary drug-pusher who should have his license revoked.
04/17/2008Provided by Citysearch -
This place provides horrible services. Why? read this..
1. Their diagnosis was in wrong ways. They gave a vacination to my pregnant cat. I consulte with another vet, they do not recomment to do that. It was high risk to my cat and it caused my cat to die.
2. They gave FELV, AIDs, and Rabies vacines to my cat without even test for FELV and AIDs. Basically, the vel will test FELV and AID before giving these vacine. But they did not do, so my cat has been in a serious health problem.
3. Every time I visited, they would try to persuade me for checking other stuffs which cost me a lot of money and they are not necessary.
4. One of their doctor talked with me "" I do not spend time with you any more"" and he leave the room..So what? I was his customer and my cat got sick. I asked him what happen with my cat. The only reason which I got from him was "" I also do not know what happen to your cat"". I paid almost $ 500 for this answer?? I asked myself.
5. I do not recommend anyone bring your pet to this clinic because you will have to pay extra money for stupid things. For example, they charged me for laxotone ( one supplyment) $25 but I saw the same product in pet supply. it is only $9...They over charge me.
6. I also consulted with the other vet. She recommended me not visit this place anymore because their results lack of professional experiences.
This is from my really experience. I was really disappointed from this place. I just want to share my worse experience to others and just hope that you will not meet this bad situation the same as me.
Professional staff with detailed information regarding their findings on pet's condition. Doctors spent time for the explanation and gave me options for the treatment. I was happy with the professional approach and the result of the treatment. I will recommend them any time.
Over the years, I have had an array of experiences with several hospitals. Non the less not very pleasant. Most of them carring more about the payments rather than the patients. But FINALLY a hospital that truley cares for my pets!
I had an emergency and the staff was very quick in helping. The back staff was taking care of my baby and the front staff was carring for my needs. They were very compassionate. I believe this is their motto because its on their
business cards. My second visit there with my other pet Jake was also enjoyable. The staff is very knowledgable
and they want to educate the clients. They let me pick and choose this way I had a choice financially. Knowing I could always come back and have the rest of the work done later. They didn't even get mad when I couldn't afford
everything."That's ok, when your ready you can always come back" with a smile. Thanks to a wonderful staff!!
I went in to the hospital with a feeling that this new hospital may charge a lot since my dog Joojoo had many problems that has been chronically treated for many years by different out fits. After Dr's. examination was finished,Hospital staff was very courteous in giving me all differnt options in treating my pet. It was also educational time for me to learn that I did not experience from other hospitals. I took the recommendation that fits my budget and the result was amazing with continuous progress in my Joojoo. Very clean, kind and it fit to my budget since they gave me choices and options to treat and diagnose my Joojoo. I am glad that I switched my vet.