6 Jerome Rd, Tewksbury, MA 01876
Benjamin Electric, Inc.
Summary of faulty workmanship performed by Benjamin Electric:
1. They wired the pump for the wrong voltage. As a result, the pump plug was damaged and had to be replaced. The circuit breaker was also replaced.
2. All splices/connections for the underground wiring used wire nuts and were knowingly placed in a hand-hole filled with ground water. I asked why a hand-hole was used. The answer given to me was: “That’s the way we always do it.”
3. The electrician stripped the outer insulation off the underground cable. Underground/outdoor cable is manufactured with outer insulation for a reason.
4. The ground screw/bolt in the skimmer housing is leaking. They should have used an O-ring to seal the ground stud.
5. The wall plate for the pump outlet was jury-rigged.
6. Benjamin Electric claimed I modified the wiring in the hand-hole. This is an outright false statement. I did not modify their wiring.
They wanted to charge me to correct the installation. They are dishonest.