Hill & Knowlton opened its first public relations office in 1927 in Cleveland. The company s early clients were banks, steel manufacturers and industrial companies in the Midwest. The firm moved its headquarters to New York in 1934 to serve as a public relations counsel to the American Iron and Steel Institute. Hill & Knowlton s business continued to expand through the 1940s and attracted corporate clients in growing numbers. These clients included leaders in steel, aircraft manufacturing, petroleum and shipbuilding industries. The company has offices in Asia, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the United States and Latin America. Hill & Knowlton maintains an office in Tampa, Fla.