349 William Floyd Pkwy Ste A, Shirley, NY 11967
(631) 399-9464Add Hours
Was looking to join a gym in my area and started shopping around. Lucille Roberts is the closest to my house, so I got 2 week pass to try it out. I strongly suggest you do this with any club... but especially this one.
* Inexpensive *$20/a month no contract (although, I still think it isn't worth it in the end. You get what you pay for. And as for "contract, cancel anytime" I heard its extremely hard to cancel. So beware of that.
* Closest to my house
* supporting Staff at front desk is ffriendy
* women only (although, personally that does not matter to me at all)
* Outdated equipment
* bikes are extremely uncomfortable
* Not enough equipment
* Treadmills have a time limit setting of only 59 mins. On the machine itself. There is no way to override this.
* and if its busy time... You have to sign out cardio machines. Time allotted is 30 mins!
* Not enough space in the weight room area
* Owner/ manager is not friendly
* Class schedule is not impressive at all. (And this what they say is one of drawing factors) Very few classes and NO classes on Sundays
* They open way too late! At 9am.! Even on the weekends.
* Daycare is only offered during the times classes are...which again..isn't much.
* Daycare room is cold in the winter and it smells and barely any toys. Its just very sad in there.
* If there is a class going on, you are forced to hear that music because the whole gym is basically the aerobics room and they Of course BLAST the music and it drowns out the music in your ear buds.
* they don't have foam rollers, kettle bells, mats, only 2lb and 4lb weighted balls, and no resistance bands.
Overall it's just an extremely outdated gym. And really I was only looking for my marathon training for the winter since I don't have a treadmill. But even for $20/month, its just not worth it at all.
10/08/2011Provided by Citysearch -
I have gone to other Gyms in the past and I enjoy this one the most. I love seeing the familiar faces. They have daycare too!!!!! The membership is very inexpensive compared to other gyms.
If you like Zumba, this is the Gym for you- they have great instructors that will demonstrate every level of fitness!
09/12/2011Provided by Citysearch -
Join us at the Shirley gym. The staff is enthusiastic and very supportive to all members. Laura, Judee and Maheen are awesome people, always ready to provide help. Personal trainers, like Lisa, are experienced and ready to guide you. The club and equipment are well taken care of and kept clean. With friendly atmosphere it is also affordable.