Originally founded as St. Joseph Academy in 1877 by the Sisters of St. Mary of Numur, St. Mary's School has a long-standing tradition in the Grayson County community. For over seventy five years, the school existed as both an elementary and secondary school. During the last forty years, or so, the school has offered primary education for its students. In 1972, a kindergarten was added, and in 1988, a preschool. After one hundred fourteen years of dedicated service and love for their students, the Sisters of St. Mary retired from active teaching. The fall of 1991 brought forth a new era of an all lay faculty, each dedicated to continuing the excellence of education instilled by the Sisters of St. Mary of Namur. St. Mary's offers a varied and in-depth program of learning from preschool through 8th grade. Our Curriculum includes a solid concentration in the basics: religion, English, reading, mathematics, science, and social studies. Spanish, French, music, art, and computer education round out a curriculum designed to educate the whole child.