Business Institute of Pennsylvania, founded in 1926, is a learning institution serving the western Pennsylvania and eastern Ohio areas. The operation of the school began in 1977 and has acquired national accreditation and developed a financial aid department, curriculum and equipment modernization and community involvement. In 1987, Business Institute of Pennsylvania opened an extension in Crawford County providing opportunities for the residents of northwest Pennsylvania. This extension became a branch campus and has trained thousands of students for office-related employment and has supplied local employers with highly trained computer, business, medical and clerical personnel. The institute provides men and women of all ages an opportunity to prepare themselves for careers in business. The institute, accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools, grants diplomas and associate in specialized business degrees to graduates.