6 Twin Maples Plz, Saugerties, NY 12477
I never thought I would be someone into kickboxing.
I think the best way for me to share my feeling about this place is by sharing texts I have sent to a friend about my new love of kickboxing:
1. Things I never thought I’d do:
- wake up early to go to kickboxing
-leave my house on a cold and dark evening to go to kickboxing
- drive in snow to go to kickboxing
- shovel out my car to go to kickboxing
-go to kickboxing sick
- go to kb after waking up at 4am driving to queens teaching 6 hours, drive back and make it for the class
I’m sure there’s more, but I’m running out to kickboxing and don’t want to be late 💪😜
2. I even bought a cheesy long sleeve tee. That’s how much I love it. I never buy cheesy clothes. Sure I can be cheesy, but never my clothing.
3. And now I'm going to kickboxing three days in a row with a head cold cold and a slight sinus infection
4. And I've been to 15 classes in one month so far and the month isn't even done
5. I drove in a snow storm in -8 degree weather to come to class. I know I can no longer surprise you.
The environment is self-competitive, and feels like community, the staff is super nice and helpful and Fridays they play music from the 90s. Woohoo!
I cannot say enough about the staff and energy! They push you to comfortable limits - and you leave feeling pumped! Incredible workout that you can tailor to your needs and fitness level. Try it out - you will NOT regret it (and I'm certain you will come back for more!)
cannot say enough about about these classes, this location and the staff! From someone with anxiety who does not do well in new situations, this has been a very empowering experience! The instructors are amazing, helping you each step of the way, without judgement! The environment is welcoming and you feel at ease the moment you walk in. The workout kicks my butt every time and I look forward to every class! I am doing things I never thought I would do! Invest in yourself-you won't regret it!!!!
I had so many hesitations going in... I'm not fit enough, I'm not coordinated enough, etc. I'm so glad I resisted the power of my negative thoughts and went for it. It is an incredible workout. I get stronger every day. I feel better physically and mentally. I love the sense of community. Give it a go... you have so much to gain!
I Love Kickboxing - Saugerties not only got me back in shape and back to my goal weight, but gave me the motivation to change to a healthy and active lifestyle. The staff are more like coaches, they know when to push you to your limits and they know when to just help you get through the days workout. Going to ILKB is one of the highlight of my day.