Mountainbrook Community Church was planted as Vineyard Christian Fellowship, San Luis Obispo in 1978. Mountainbrook is a non-denominational, Christ-centered Church and is part of the Association of Vineyard Churches which offers resources and accountability. Under the leadership of Pastor Jack Little, who came from Azusa Pacific Bible College, the church primarily attracted college students and young families, growing from a small Bible study. Throughout the span of the church, it met in a variety of locations in San Luis Obispo, stabilizing at about 300 people. When Jack Little moved on to start other churches in the U.S., Bob Craine took over as Senior Pastor and remained in that position from 1983-1995. In July 1995, College and Children's Pastor Thom O'Leary was asked to take over as Senior Pastor. In July 1997, the church learned that its meeting space at San Luis Jr. High School would no longer be available. Since then, Mountinbrook has grown to over 1500 members, with a church staff of 20. In 1999, with a desire to obtain a permanent home, the church entered into escrow to purchase 63 acres on Calle Joaquin, in San Luis Obispo. The purchase was completed in January 2001. Two years later in 2003, the church celebrated 25 years of service in the community, the same year the church changed it's name to Mountainbrook Community Church. In 2004 Mountainbrook received unanimous approval from the San Luis Obispo Planning Commission to build a church campus. The next couple of years the church finalized building plans, obtained permits, and moved to their new facility on 63 acres in November of 2008. Pastor Thom celebrated his 15th year as the Lead Pastor of Mountainbrook in the summer of 2010. From a small Bible study to a church campus on 63 acres, Mountainbrook looks to impact thousands of lives on the Central Coast for years to come.