Exclusive Reception Hall
5351 Glen Ridge Dr, San Antonio, TX 78229
Be the first to add a photo!
I've been in the wedding business for over a decade and was really surprised by the ordeal. They welcomed us warmly, then were very helpful in getting the day setup, but the follow thru was not up to par with what I had experience in the beginning. I bought everything from them, Cake, Cake Delivery, Reception Hall, Hall Setup, Hall Cleanup, DJ, Lighting, food, VIP area, Bridal Suite, and even sweet bread with coffee for snacks.
- The cake was wonderful looking, though it was not made the way we had agreed, drew a picture of and signed.
- Then after serving the cake, they NEVER gave us the top for our 1yr anniversary.
- At the event they were to have served coffee and sweet bread, but it never happened, though I was still charged.
- In addition, they kept our ice chest and 6 bottles of wine.
- Not once have they provided an explanation, or an apology.
- I have reached out to them three times since the wedding and they have not called back. Each time, the individual said they would look into it and then would call back. One of the calls was with the owner, but still no call back!
- I was warned about them by others in the wedding industry, but I wanted to give another small business a chance.
- I made a horrible decision. This has really upset my new wife and now we do not have the cake top to celebrate our 1yr anniversary.
- At this time I do not recommend this shop or their hall called Exclusive Reception Hall.
- I encourage anyone with similar experiences to tell their story. It 's appropriate that a person having a future event be aware of the experience that others have had in the past.
- It's possible that it was just a day that everything went wrong, but that does not excuse them from their contractual, ethical, and professional responsibilities to their client/s.
At all the meetings they are friendly and welcoming. The owner is pushing to add more services to your wedding package. She pushed the photographer because it is her son's business. The photographer did not show up after 3 meetings with him (photographer), he sent someone else in his place. We were not able to communicate very well because of photographers spanish/english. Photographer that was sent was not engaging. Did not receivce what was promished with photographer or DJ. DJ was not the one that was promised. Food and food servers were excellent. Decor was beautiful but not completed as we requested. Take your chances with this location but prepare yourself with a pushy owner and not getting what you order.
DON'T USED!!!!READ REVIEWS FIRST!!!!
At our first meeting at the hall everything was great!!! The owners offered a great package! She even agree on extra details that was not included on the package.
My biggest mistake was I never ask for something in writting. And of course I ended up with the phrase " I never said that or I did forgot about it".
My cake was not what we agree on it, even do I paid extra for a rhistone band and was not what we got . The "bar" for teens under 21 was a fisco. She promised a nice lighted "bar" with my daughter theme on the background...still waiting on it .... I requested to have chairs and tables for 150 people....guess what??!! in the middle of the celebration they start to set in up more tables.
AC didn't work....and the excuse was " it broke" and we told him call somebody to fix it...was really hot and no repair man show up.
Bathroom were kind of clean but no trash can at all.......
The table was not decorated the way we agree on it.
One good point food was really good, and the waiters very friendly.
Overall don't used.....