Centrally located in Illinois, Olcott Plastics produces hundreds of various jar, cap and closure combinations. The company was established in 1969 as a division of Damen Tool & Engineering Company of Chicago. Joseph F. Brodner, Joseph F. Brodner Jr. and Peter Brodner originally established Damen Tool in 1944 to service the booming Chicago industrial market. It serviced many plastic manufacturers with mold building and repair functions and eventually began molding plastic caps and jars to service the growing cosmetic and health and beauty marketplace. Olcott grew under the direction of Brodner Jr. until the late 1980s. The company became a separate corporation in 1991 with manufacturing capabilities that include injection-molding, mold building, printing and cap lining. Olcott Plastics is located in St. Charles, Ill.