1231 Lee Hwy, Roanoke, VA 24019
No coupons available
Be the first to add a photo!
Just want to give people that are thinking about staying here a heads up about the Hollins Motel in Roanoke. Here are the pros and cons that i noticed when I stayed there recently:
- Private, quiet area of town and it's up off the road.
- A lot of places to shop and eat around.
- My room was very quiet, I had neighbors but I never heard them the whole time.
- $180 a week and $650 a month are cheapest that I've seen in the area.
- Roomy was smelled bad, was very smoky from cigarettes since they are allowed in the rooms.
- The place was not cleaned very well. The carpet was not vacuumed or not vacuumed very well.
- The shower was horrible. There was mildew at the very top of the shower and it was not clean.
- The water pressure for the shower was weak.
- The water from the shower would go from warm, to very hot to ice cold constantly no matter what setting you put it on. I had to take short showers because of that.
- The bathroom wasn't very clean either.
- The heather/air conditioner combo didn't work very well, the heat would work for a little bit but then it went to cool, no matter how many times I messed with it.
- The guest internet is not very good, not fast at all and doesn't last long.
- The filter on the heather/ac was not cleaned off, there was a lot of filter dust built up like it hadn't been cleaned off in forever.
- The room only had outlets made for two prong plugs, so if you have a three prong plug you are screwed.
- The microwave in the room had three prongs so I couldn't even plug it in, so why is it even there?
- I think I cleaned my room more than it had been cleaned in a LONG time. And the person who runs the place seems to live there in the office, you'd think they'd have more time to clean and make sure everything is clean and tidy.
03/15/2012Provided by Citysearch -
I stayed at this ""motel"" and I was not pleased with the experience for various reasons. For example, I felt very uncomfortable because the front office is also a part of the owner's home. Also, the motel does not appear to have full time cleaning staff, which made me very skeptical. If you have an issue with the room, etc, it appears you would have to try and address it with the owner, and I pity the person who tries that. However, if you are the type of person that prefers to help ""the little guy"" this is probably the place for you.
My opinion is there are many nearby similarly inexpensive motels/hotels. At least the other places are franchise motels/hotels that have quality control standards and a 1-800 number to call if you have issues with the hotel or the owner (and they don't require an additional deposit for a remote control).