A History of Service. A Heritage of Trust.
Locally owned & operated since 1870. We are committed to doing everything within our power that helps people honor & remember a loved one!
- General Info
- As the oldest continuously operated funeral home in Central Virginia, Morrissett Funeral and Cremation Service has been supporting families in the area since 1870. The company is a Central Virginia leader of innovation by adopting new ideas into their funeral services. Instead of providing basic, cookie-cutter services for families, a personalized plan is designed for every funeral that is held. Morrissett Funeral and Cremation Service is a green certified funeral home that provides a range of funeral and cremation services. Options include funerals, memorials, burials, life celebrations, pre-planning funeral services, urns, caskets, vaults, Veteran Services, Military Honors, grief resources, and more. The funeral home has a recently added Reception Room, with optional catering. The chapel has a seating capacity of more than 240 people. This funeral home offers more than basic funeral services. The staff is proud to be a Life Celebration Funeral Home, with each service designed around the life of the deceased. Services are as unique as the individual, designed around the persons favorite colors, food, poems, music, hobbies, and more. High-end video technology is always available for the services, including webcasting for family and friends who are not able to attend. Morrissett Funeral and Cremation Service is the only funeral home in the area to provide video tributes at no charge for every family served. Morrissett Funeral and Cremation Service serves the greater Richmond community, including Richmond, Chesterfield, Chester, Dale City, Midlothian, Bon Air, Winterpock, Amelia Courthouse, Colonial Heights, and Matoaca. The business was operated by the Morrissett family for generations. Today, the company operates under the same principles of outstanding service under the ownership of Larry Spiaggi and his wife, Sue Danielson. The unblemished reputation of the company ensures quality services for every family. The company boasts a BBB A+ rating and is a multi-year winner of the Pursuit of Excellence Award from NFDA. They run a nonprofit called "A Simple Wish Foundation," where they partner with local hospice providers to grant final wishes for hospice recipients. For quality funeral and cremation services in the greater Richmond area, talk to Morrissett Funeral and Cremation Service. The funeral home is in a convenient location for the community: 6500 Iron Bridge Rd Richmond, VA 23234. Call to set an appointment for a consultation: (804) 275-7828.
- Email Business
- Business History
- In 1870, just after the end of the Civil War, B. H. Morrissett left his trade as a cabinetmaker and established what was to become the oldest continuously operated business in South Richmond. The Morrissett family served their community for generations, until 1969 when Esther Morrissett sold the company to Robert G. Danielson.In 1998, the firm was acquired by two of its employees, Richard M. Booker and Laurence F. Spiaggi. On December 31, 2015, Dick Booker retired after 47 years service to our firm. Larry Spiaggi and his wife, Sue Danielson became the sole owners. Larry and Sue are keenly aware of the 136-year tradition of service they have inherited with this exceptional Richmond funeral home, and continue to dedicate themselves to deserving the trust and confidence of the families they serve.
- BBB Rating
- Crypt & Vault Burials, Financing Services, Statewide Casket Delivery, Catholic Funerals, Hearse Transportation, Funeral Home Services, Memorial Parks & Gardens, Casket Selection, Funeral Planning, Veteran's Cemetery, Alternative Funeral Services, Sea Transport Remains Shipping, Ash Scattering at Sea, Land Transport Remains Shipping, Memorials at Sea, Grief Counseling, Viewing Areas, Air Transport Remains Shipping, Funeral Services, Social Security Services, Domestic Remains Shipping, State-of-the-art Envision Chapel, Funeral Home, Funerals, Military Honors, Urns, Life Celebrations, Honoring Life, Green Certified Funeral Home, Vaults, Cremations, Grief Resources, Pre-Need Funeral Services, Burials, Pre-Planning Funeral Services, Caskets, Cremation Services, Memorial Ceremonies, Veteran Services, Cremation with Memorial Service, Memorials, Funeral Services.
- All Major Brands of Urns, Aurora and Thacker Caskets, Batesville
- Payment method
- mastercard, discover, visa, amex, cash, check
- Serving the community since 1870,Therapy dogs available,Dedicated reception room and catering services available
The oldest continuously operated funeral home in Central Virginia
Best of the Best award winner from NFDA (first Virginia funeral home to receive this honor)
Certified Funeral Service Professionals (CFSP)
Licensed Funeral Directors who are also Certified Crematory Operators (CCO)
Certified Pre-Planning Consultants
Owner is a Certified Cremation Arranger (CCA)
Green Certified funeral home
BBB A+ Rating
Multi-year winner of the Pursuit of Excellence Award from NFDA
- National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA),Virginia Funeral Directors Association (VFDA),Central District Funeral Directors Association (CDFDA),Independent Funeral Homes of Virginia (IFHV),Cremation Association of North America (CANA),Independent Funeral Homes, Crematories & Cemetery Association (IFCCA),BBB,Cremation-With-Care provider network, Veterans & Family Memorial Care,Catholic Burial & Cremation Society,Christian Burial & Cremation Society,Veterans Burial & Cremation Society
- Social Links
- Other Information
Phone: (804) 709-0724
Address: 6500 Iron Bridge Rd, Richmond, VA 23234