New Clients: Claim your pet's Free First Exam Now!
- General Info
- At VCA, your pet's health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal. We treat each pet knowing it is an extension of your family. Our dedicated staff of veterinarians, board certified specialists, and technicians strive each day to give your pet the very best in medical care. We understand how important it is to have a local veterinarian you can trust and who, most importantly, knows your pet almost as well as you. With nearly 600 hospitals in 42 States, we've built a network of trusted local animal health providers giving the finest care for the pets in your family. We invite you to get to know our caring staff! New VCA patients are eligible for a FREE First Exam - a risk-free opportunity to learn what makes VCA so different. We’re looking forward to meeting you and your pet and demonstrating our commitment to providing your pet the highest quality care!
- Our hospital offers a wide range of general and specialized medical treatments and services including: • Advanced Care Services• Allergy & Itchy Skin Relief• Diabetes Treatment (Canine & Feline)• Diagnostics• Diet & Nutrition• Disease Treatment• Flea & Tick Control• General Care• Heartworm Disease Treatment (Canine & Feline)• Internal medicine• Medications/Prescriptions• Parasite Control• Pet Wellness Exams• Physical Examinations• Preventive Care• Primary Care• Puppy & Kitten Wellness• Senior Pet Wellness• Spay & Neuter• Vaccines & Vaccinations• Weight Loss ProgramsPlease call us today to review your pet’s medical and health issues and how we may be able to help!.
- Payment method
- amex, discover, visa, mastercard
- VCA operates nearly 600 animal hospitals in 42 States staffed with hundreds of experienced veterinarians.
- • Caring for your pets the way we care for our own • Convenient, affordable, preventive nose-to-tail care (VCA CareClub) • Educational opportunities for pet owners • Free First Exam for all first time pet visits • Healthy Pet Magazine • Home Delivery of Pet Medications • VCA Big Pet Project • VCA Quality Care Program
Hate to say it but I felt ripped off too. We put down our dog. Yes the Zen room was great. But why couldn't they have made a clinical judgment call before more XRays and blood work. So 600 dollars later, they tell us he needed to be out down. They put him on oxygen for a few hours, then put him down. Yes zen room and care was exceptional. But they are Drs! Make the call. Stop the testing!! That is pet owner abuse. You could have done the whole thing for 400 not 1,200. Just saying
I had a great experience with this vet office. I took a rescue dog there who has behavioral problems and they were so helpful and encouraging. He was neutered there and caught up on his vaccines, plus they recommended a dog trainer for me. I checked around and their rates for the services I received were comparable to other vets in town, plus they gave me the estimate for the services ahead of time and it was accurate. I recommend them.
How have they tried to kill my dog, let me list the ways... I so wanted to like this veterinary office, but alas they do not know what they are doing and they have no passion for saving sick animals. As soon as I walked in with a sick dog the vet was certain he was dying and would be dead soon, terrible bedside manners. She has continued to tell us he is not going to live much longer, but he has. Sadly, I knew more about the physiology of my dog than they did, I had to tell them he was exhibiting signs of albuterol toxicity after I called poison control in the waiting room. She told us to go home and turn on a humidifier for his aspiration pneumonia, which he got from vomiting after taking the meds they prescribed, a simple web search shows that is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you do for a dog with pneumonia. The HOSPITAL owner refused to work with us on our bill even though the reason my dog is sick is because they prescribed a medication that made him ill. When PRESCRIBED THE MEDS I asked if the medication had any negative side effects (because I was not going to give my 15 year old dog a dangerous medication) the vet tech says NO - NO negative side effects. The sad thing is the vet that prescribed THE MEDS had the flu, but the owner was making her work through the flu. She was so sick she wasn't there to answer questions so the vet tech was. After giving my dog the meds she prescribed he became ill, however they did everything they could to cover it up, telling me I needed to get a battery of tests done which would cost thousands of dollars. We were charged frivolous fees such as a monitoring fee, a recheck fee, and this is all on top of the already $600 they were charging to run tests that were not necessary. All they see is money signs over there. If you love your pets stay away!!!
These doctors at Lakeside animal hospital are money hungry quacks that don't really know what they are doing. My $49. visits x 6 resulted in harming my pet instead of helping him. please don't take your babies there, it's definitely not worth it. One more thing, those so call prescriptions are nothing more than distilled water with a drop of useless herb.
Phone: (775) 827-8866
Address: 4871 Summit Ridge Dr, Reno, NV 89523
People Also Viewed
- Pet Play House
2403 E 4th St, Reno, NV 89512
- Klaich Animal Hospital
1990 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502
- Feline Bed & Breakfast
865 E Peckham Ln, Reno, NV 89502
- A Doggie's Dream
2697 Mill St, Reno, NV 89502
- Pet Revue
1426 Tonopah St, Reno, NV 89509
- Hearts Companion
119 Bell St, Reno, NV 89503
- The Stone Dog Grooming Salon
3920 Mayberry Dr, Reno, NV 89519
- Our Furry Friends
1289 Commerce St, Sparks, NV 89431
- Carefree Cat Boarding
1454 Anchorage Dr, Reno, NV 89506
- Reno Hospital for Cats
865 E Peckham Ln, Reno, NV 89502