Why is my washer leaking water in back and underneathAnswer
There can be several reasons why your washer is leaking water in the back and underneath. Here are some possible causes:
- Loose or damaged hoses: Check the hoses connected to your washer. If they are loose or damaged, they can cause water to leak. Tighten the hoses or replace them if necessary.
- Clogged drain hose: A clogged drain hose can cause water to leak from the back or underneath the washer. Check for any blockages and clear them out.
- Faulty water inlet valve: The water inlet valve controls the flow of water into your washer. If it is faulty or damaged, it can cause leaks. You may need to replace the water inlet valve.
- Overflowing or blocked drain: If the drain is overflowing or blocked, it can cause water to accumulate and leak underneath the washer. Clear any blockages and ensure that the drain is functioning properly.
- Damaged tub or tub seal: If the tub or tub seal is cracked or damaged, it can cause water to leak. This may require professional repair or replacement.
- Excessive detergent usage: Using too much detergent can cause excess suds and overflow, leading to leaks. Follow the recommended detergent usage guidelines.
- Worn-out gaskets or seals: Over time, the rubber gaskets and seals in your washer can deteriorate and cause leaks. Inspect them for signs of wear and tear and replace if necessary.
If the issue persists or you are unable to identify the cause of the leak, it is best to consult a professional washer repair technician for further assistance....Read More
Answers provided for informational purposes only – not intended as professional advice on any particular situation. This site disclaims all liability for Answers.