Aunt Bugs Log Cabin Rentals
3121 Veterans Blvd, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
TollFree: (800) 953-5655
Aunt Bug's Cabin Rentals
Aunt Bugs Log Cabin Rentals Llc
Aunt Bug's Cabin Rentals LLC
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
The cabin was full of spider webs and dust. Old thick spider webs were around the windows, doors , blinds, closet, and every light fixture. Before we unpacked I used the broom to clean as much as possible. The Jacuzzi had a gross white residue on the sides and bottom. We stayed in Moonlight ridge 162 in November.
We checked in on Christmas day and there was only 1 pillow in the whole cabin that slept 6. And that pillow we found shoved behind one of the beds. We asked for more pillows and we met someone to get them. Our jacuzzi was filthy with a nasty smell to it. We went to the office the next day and they were out of the cleaning tablets that go in the Jacuzzis. They did nothing about it being dirty so we didn't use it our whole stay. Upon checking out we complained to one of the ladies there and she accused us of taking the pillows. I was mad and told her I have never stolen anything in my life and not that it mattered but had just gotten back from a deployment overseas and as a soldier there is no honor in stealing. I went as far as telling her we could go out to our car and unload it so she can see we had no pillows stashed anywhere. Of course she said no. I checked out and was shaking because I was so mad. It ruined our vacation. At least the last day of it and we went home angry. They were rude and the place was filthy. Only plus side was that it was cheaper than any other place at the time.
This company is not recommended. The cabin (afternoon delight) had not been cleaned properly, there were dust mites, dust in the door jams, dishes were put up dirty, the sheets on the bed were not cleaned and had hair all over them, the ceiling fan in living room does not work, the mat going out the bedroom door slips out from under you and my husband almost fell. I contacted the company the next day, they kept making excuses and defending the cleaning crew. They don't wash the comforters maybe every quarter which in my opinion is disgusting. I called before arriving because I had read the contract about stopping by the office to make arrangements to get code to door and take care of going to office the next day since we were not getting in until midnight. They assured me that would be fine. Did not realize they gave me code to lock box at office another thirty miles away after going to cabin. I specifically specified that is not what I wanted to do and they said not a problem just send them card and dl picture and they would take care of it. This is the worst company to deal with for a cabin. I have leased/rented all over the United States and never had issues like this from one company.
Major safety concerns.
Safety concern #1: If power goes out to the area, the gate to the community is inoperable. There is not a manual override. When we lost power due to a downed power line, we tried to head into town but were trapped inside the gated community. Although ours was not, in the event of crisis, emergency vehicles would be unable to gain access to the properties and residents inside could not leave for help. I called Aunt Bug's to ask for assistance and was told, "Sorry. There's nothing we can do. You'll just have to wait it out."
Safety concern #2: The upstairs carbon monoxide detector went off on our second morning. We contacted Aunt Bug's, who said the gas had been turned on to the fireplace that week and there was legitimate cause for concern. They sent a maintenance worker to the cabin while we were out. The upstairs detector was removed entirely and a different detector was installed downstairs. When we called to see if there was a gas leak, they were unable to answer our questions. We slept with the windows open.
We arrived late and had no trouble accessing our keys from the overnight lockbox. We received a phone call early the next morning telling us we needed to come to the office to sign our contract. When we arrived, they wanted to see several documents that were still in the cabin - a 25 minute round trip drive from the office. It would have been courteous to let us know we needed those things in hand. In general, customer service was poor.
We have no complaints with our cabin itself. Cabin 112: Bearly Mine was impeccably clean. I've read horror stories of bugs and spider webs, but we had no such problem. It had a nice pool table, foosball table, hot tub, jetted tub, loft, air mattress, futon, deck, rocking chairs, wifi, and charcoal and gas grills. There was plenty of space for our family of five.
Aunt Bug's Review
Going to rent a cabin in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area? Do yourself a favor and contact Aunt Bug's Cabin Rentals. Our family has stayed with them twice and loved our experiences. Very friendly and professional staff. They work hard to make your vacation wonderful. We live in Arab, AL and would stay at Aunt Bug's more often if it was only closer to us. Our most recent stay was at the Catching A Falling Star cabin. A quiet and secluded 3 story chalet. There is 1 bedroom, 1 full bath and private deck on each floor. What a wonderful layout for a large family or even three couples. There were 5 tvs, dvd, pool table, hot tub and fully stocked kitchen.
If I could give this company a zero I would! Horrible customer service. Has my reservation mistakenly canceled by employee. When I called I was apologized to an it was reinstated. Employee later lied that it happened but I had proof. Gave us wrong info about the lock on property. Tub didn't drain properly. Shower curtain had crusty scum on it. I photographed. They refuse to honor their coupons. We rented certain cabin for wifi it didn't work. Called to complain about all the issues and received no resolution. I was complete professional with the person who I was speaking (Kerry) and he hung up on me. My husband went to the office to speak to th e manager and pointed out to him that his ploys needed to prove on customer service this employee actually tom an aggressive step toward my husband only to be stopped by manager. No apology from manager. Received a B'S apology next day. Took video of cabin before we left do as not to be accused of anything by this sheisty company. DO NOT RENT FTO. THEM. CHECK OUT OTHER COMPLAINTS ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE.
Terrible customer service. They gave us the WRONG CODE for the alarm system.
We rented "Bearly Mine" in October 2014.
1. The cabin was spotless. We've rented 20+ cabins over the years, and this was the cleanest we have seen.
2. Hot tub was clean, private and working properly.
3. Plenty of parking space off the road.
4. Very quiet area except as noted in #1 below.
1. Upon check-in (4pm) they gave us 3 codes. First was for the gate to get into the community. Second was for the keyless entry to the cabin. Third was for the alarm system. They gave us the WRONG CODE for the alarm, so it was set off 30 seconds after entering the cabin. It was so loud I had to walk up the road 50 yards in order to hear them on the phone. They just kept telling me to enter the same code. It shut itself off after 15 mins. Soooo, we though we were safe. Not so. At 3am, the alarm set itself off again. No idea why. Guess what? They don't answer the phone at 3am! Neither does the security company...got their number off a sticker on the front door. Lights came on in all the nearby cabins. Sorry, nothing we could do. Had a nice visit with a local police officer who arrived just after the alarm shut itself off again. Went to the office 1st thing the next morning. NO apologies, NO offer of anything to compensate us for a lost night of sleep. They gave us a different code to try out on the alarm. Really? Try it out??? They called us later and gave us a 3rd code for the alarm, and said it was our fault that the alarm went off because we didn't disarm it! What??? They have us the WRONG CODE to start with!!!!! Terrible customer service.
2. Bring your own lights. Seriously. It's impossible to use the kitchen at night unless you do. The cabin is very dark even with all the lights (few of them available) are turned on.
3. No place to hang your clothes. There are no closets.
4. No latch on the 1/2 bath door or bedroom door, and the doors don't stay closed by themselves.
5. Gas fireplace was not turned on. We stayed the 3rd week of October. Fireplaces are supposed to be working 10/1. Nobody at Aunt Bug's is paying attention.
6. Water...if you can call it that, was cloudy, brown and smelly. We're used to well water at rental cabins, but this was really bad. Filled the bathtub and it looked like a muddy pond. You couldn't see through 3 inches of water. Fortunately we had read earlier reviews on the cabin and brought a filter for drinking water. In six days, we ruined the filter cartridge that should last a month.
7. We were advised by the nice officer (mentioned in #1 above) that we should not leave valuables in the cabin when we were out for the day. The reason cabin owners are adding alarm systems is that cabins are being broken into, and thieves are stealing flat screen tv's and renter's laptops & other valuables. It didn't matter that we were in a gated community. Nice. He said take your valuables with you. They will be safer in your car in a parking lot than in your cabin.
With so many rental agencies in the area I just don't understand why Aunt Bug's/Acorn Cabins is still in business. I certainly won't ever rent from them again.
We asked for a refund of the 1st night's stay through the BBB, because we got no sleep that night. They refused. They said they do not offer refunds for "malfunctions" such as with the alarm system above. The alarm system did NOT malfunction. It worked perfectly. They gave us the WRONG CODE!!!
wish I had read these b/f staying at this place, particularly the one about the cleaning ladys sons being sent in. Upon check out I left my wedding rings and jewelry on a table in the bedroom. 3hours later I realized it & called and was given the runaround, finally I went to the office and was told the jewelry was not there. The manager declined to accompany me to the property to show him where I'd left the jewelry, he said it was my fault for wearing that value of jewelry on vacay and that his employees don';t steal & likely someone in my party stole it. Reading the review below about the cleaning ladys sons being sent in confirms my theory that these people have no idea who is going in and out of those cabins to clean. I have lost something that is irreplaceable to me and they treated me like trash, no sympathy, no help, just rude, nasty manager. DO NOT RENT FROM THESE PEOPLE.