Barney's Pet World
1520 N Blue Angel Pkwy, Pensacola, FL 32506
Phone: (850) 455-4099
Specialties: Dogs & Puppies, Fish, Dog Sales, Birds, Puppy Sales, Amphibians & Reptiles, Cats & Kittens
No coupons available
Be the first to add a photo!
This is a large pet store, grooming and boarding facility with many pet supplies and only a few pets for sale. I am not giving four stars because the staff is usually preoccupied socializing and I feel like "the intruder" bugging them. However, once you ask for help, they are happy to do so. I frequent this petstore, but have not used the grooming or boarding as of yet...
Wendy is a groomer at Barney's Pet World. I can not say enough wonderful things and what a precision cut she gave three of my Chinese Crested. (Two powderpuffs and one HHL) My dog has been butchered before but I can assure you this lady takes the time and her dedication to her profession shows on your pet. She is so patient, with them as well. I also had a shampoo lady that was awesome as well. She made sure all little stains were gone. You can tell she loves her job as well. Thank you girls, I am sending pictures to everyone of the perfect cut and sparkling coats they have. THANKS WENDY., I wish all groomers were like you but I will never use anyone but you and anyone that tries you will be happy.
We took our dog to Barney's today to have her groomed, and we will NOT be taking her there again, for the following reasons:
1. When my husband arrived, he had to walk past smoking employees. GROSS, and unhealthy for customers and pets.
2. When we came to pick her up, "lobby" area stunk to high heaven like wet dog. I understand it's a grooming facility, but I have been to other grooming facilities that smell clean, or at least like pet shampoo.
3. We had to bring her home wet. They said she had pooped all over after they bathed her, and that they had had to bathe her all over again. I accepted this, and just went on. The lady discounted the price to $16.
4. When I got her home and went to dry her, I found that she still had poo all around her bottom and on her legs!!! GROSS!!!! They did NOT give her back to us clean, and that's what we paid them for.
5. The nails on her back paws had been clipped, but her front paws appeared to be untouched.
We are extremely disappointed and grossed out, and we won't be returning to Barney's.
I have been a customer at Barneys for many years and it truley is the best Pet store around. All of the employees go the extra mile to help the customers. They are very friendly and treat you like family. Its very obvious that its not just a job for the employees and the owners, they truley care about all the pets. They treat all of the animals as if they were their own. The owners go above and beyond to make sure you and your pets are happy. Its a real treat for me and my pets everytime we stop in. Go see for yourself. You will love it!
They have a great selection of pet foods and treats. The employees and owners are the friendliest in town. Everyone there will do their best to help you find the best things for your pets. They have a great grooming department and try to please even the most pickiest of customers. Definitely the place to go in Pensacola if you love your anumals.
I have bought from this shop for several years, three years. I love the people. I have Chinese Crested and they even order special clothes for them. They love animals and I have never seen any abuse but lots of love and care for all the pets.
Go see for yourself. Personal service here keeps me. They know what I like and they know my pets by name as well as my name. It does not get any better. Our crested are our babies and they are plenty spoiled. Ask anyone at Barneys, They know them.