Western Quartz Products has been on the leading edge of ultraviolet technology since the company began producing curing lamps over 80 years ago. From those beginnings, we have expanded our production and distribution to provide state-of-the-art UV curing and exposure lamps worldwide. Western Quartz Products was established in 1931 by the Dallons family in Hermosa Beach, California. The company was one of the first producers of quartz lamps which were originally used primarily for medical purposes. Research at the company soon identified a variety of industrial uses. Just before WWII, the Dallons family moved the company to Los Angeles where they began contracting with U.S. Government to provide quartz products for communication devices. At that time, the company name was changed to Dallons Laboratories. Growing Rapidly In 1931, John Dallons established one of the first neon glass-blowing businesses on the West Coast in Redondo Beach, California. It was a new and exciting part in the history of advertising by the use of bright colorful neon signs. Along with the neon sign business, he developed, perfected and manufactured ultraviolet lamps and diathermy equipment. The business developed rapidly so with the welcome addition of his father and three brothers, Dallons Laboratories was established in Hollywood. First Products included professional quartz ultraviolet generators and electro-medical surgical apparatus. Other products included quartz and Pyrex tubing for use in scientific and industrial applications.