Payless Car Sales
2000 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107Add Hours
Payless Auto Sales
No coupons available
I am trying to find the owner of payless car sales and he is nowhere to be found...this place is i guess out of buisness now and i cant figure out what to do with my wreaked car. i purchased this vehicle in 2008 from Ray, once the deal was final, i moved and was making payments, then i wreaked the car and called him to get the car taken to a salvage yard and he wigged out and gave me the run around, threatened to sue me, and went out of buisness. now i have this car wreaked in my front yard and its been a year! i cant take it to a junk yard because i need the title, this sucks. Dont ever buy anything from this Ray guy, i cant even get his last name anywhere in my paperwork. I think they are calling the place Colorado Car Sales...but they have a blank website.
10/23/2009Provided by Citysearch -
Also visit the follow websites:
local.yahoo & merchantcircle
THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS of repair after I purchased from Payless Car Sales (aka Colorado Car Sales)
· I purchased a 2004 Volkswagon Passat with approximately 54k miles from this dealership in August of 2009. I will just state the facts regarding the issues I discovered after purchasing the vehicle. I am leaving a lot of things out to save space. Please feel free to make your own decision on whether you trust buying from this dealer.
· A low beam headlight and both brake lights were out, which I discovered trying to drive home on a dark night, meaning it never passed a safety inspection. And lets just say that labor was surprisingly expensive to have these replaced.
· One of the wheels only had 4 lug bolts.
· The key to remove the lug bolts was missing so when I had to replace the front tires, which were all warped on this inside (along with the front brakes), all lock lug bolts had to be destroyed and replaced with new sets. Result – more money spent.
· The air conditioning unit was also not working right.
· Before purchasing the car Justin, one of their sales representatives, said he would be providing me with two electronic keys and a valet key. When I came to pick them up, Justin said he was mistaken and that they only had one key. He would not stand behind what he said I purchased with my car and refused to purchase new keys.
· The car would not start before I purchased the car, but Justin ensured me it was just because it was sitting. This problem happened a few more times before I found the true problem. To be quick - more money spent.
· A couple days later the car began shaking violently (injectors were misfiring). A certified Volkswagon dealer found black tape that someone used to cover a hole in a vaccum pipe. That repair was another couple hundred dollars.
· When making 90 degree+ turns, the transaxle began making a cluttering noise. I won’t even mention how many tons of hundreds of dollars this was to repair. I brought it back to the dealership before the transaxle or the check engine light (that actually came on shortly after I drove the car off the lot) was diagnosed. I had Chris, a sales representative, drive the car to tell me if he felt anything wrong (not yet telling him about the check engine light or the shaking of the car upon turning the wheel). When Chris came back he said everything was fine. I asked if he at least noticed the check engine light and he said no. I asked him if there was anything their dealership could help me with (even just a free diagnosis) considering all the problems I was having as soon as I drove it off the lot. He said, “absolutely not! All sales are final!” I asked for him to call the owner and the owner said the same thing, in essence.
· I had two different certified Volkswagon dealerships diagnose the check engine light and they both diagnosed it as a bad catalytic converter, which was $2,000 to replace.
I'm a young female with some college loan debt and I was having a hard time getting a car loan with the economy in such turmoil. I went to them (drove an hour away) because I spoke with one guy on the phone who mentioned a price to me and I made an appointment with him. When I showed up he was not there so I had to speak with another associate that knew next to nothing about the car or car sales in general, every question I asked he went into the back to ask his boss (which didn’t have the decency to come deal with me directly). To sum up the actual car sale WAS CONFUSING AND MESSY AND DECEIVING!
Part of the arrangement when I bought the car was that they were going to completely clean the vehicle including the inside of the speedometer glass because it had this gross film on it, well when I picked up the car, this was not taken care but I was assured that I could take it in the future and this would be cleaned, so when I called to make arrangements for this the owner Ray said that was a deal made with his associate who is no longer there and he is not responsible for this!!
Next comes my purchase, I bought a used VW Cabrio, well for the first 30 days (under which it was under warranty) it was fine, but after that and since then (it's been 3 months to date) the window broke and that's $400 (just parts, not including labor) and the windshield fluid reservoir is cracked (which it was at time of sale) that's $90 part. NOT TO MENTION THE CAR HAS STALLED ON ME TWICE!!!!
The owner of this establishment is rude and once you've signed the paperwork he could care less what happens to you or your car.
DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE, THEY ARE DOWNRIGHT AWFUL IN EVERY ASPECT OF CAR SALES!!!