Bailey & Foster Funeral Home traces its four-generation family history back to 1932, when G.G. "Gus" Hassell came to Palestine to enter into the partnership of South-Hassell Funeral Home. It remained South-Hassell until in 1938 when Mr. Hassell's son-in-law, L. E.Foster became a partner and the firm name was changed to Hassell & Foster Funeral Home.
L.E. Foster's son, David joined the firm in 1966, and in 1985 Tom W. Bailey who was third generation owner of Bailey Funeral Home merged with Hassell & Foster and became what is now Bailey & Foster Funeral Home. In 1994, the fourth generation member, Michael D. Foster, David's son became actively involved in the business.
Hassell & Foster Funeral Home, now Bailey & Foster Funeral Home has been at its present location for sixty-three years. During this time, a chapel was added at Grapeland and Roselawn Park perpetual care cemetery was developed.
As a fourth-generation family owned business, Bailey & Foster Funeral Home knows this makes a difference. Every service we provide is done with the comfort of families we serve in mind as our funeral home is transformed into your home away from home during a time of loss.