Prescription Supply was founded in March of 1955 to fulfill a need in the Toledo, Ohio, trading area for a rapid-delivery, pharmaceutical wholesale distributor. The company is licensed to provide nationwide distribution of pharmaceutical and over-the-counter products, along with other related services. It is a member of the Healthcare Distribution Management Association, and holds memberships in various state and local health care associations. The company is also a member of OptiSource, a generic source cooperative of independent wholesalers. Prescription Supply is located in Northwood, Ohio.