Kevin Gillespie's Five Favorite Restaurants in Atlanta:
- Restaurant Eugene - Atlanta, GA - "I really like Restaurant Eugene because everything they do is with the highest level of precision. But it's not cold -- the dishes are heartfelt and Linton Hopkins does a great job of showcasing southern food at its most elevated level."
- Bocca Lupo - Atlanta, GA - "I have had the opportunity to eat pasta in some of the best restaurants in the country and Italy and I still think Bruce does justice to the finest pasta in the world. Every pasta there is excellent. I'm not a big pasta guy and every time I go, I love it."
- Pho Dai Loi - Atlanta, GA - "One of the most comforting dishes in the entire world is pho. Pho Dai Loi represents all the best parts of the dish -- delicious broth and a great selection of variations inside the bowl. Everyone there is so nice and welcoming. It makes the experience even better. And it's insanely cheap."
- Mi Barrio - Atlanta, GA - "There are a lot of great taquerias, but it's hard to find a Mexican restaurant where you feel like if you had a Mexican grandmother, this is how she would cook. Just great home cooking style dishes from Mexico. Always fantastic."
- Home grown - Atlanta, GA - "We need more restaurants like this. It's great tasting food from high-quality ingredients with no pretense. It's a small owner-operator business and you see them there all the time. You feel like you are in their home. And they are the only ones so far to let me design and name my own dish. Ask for the Kage Fighter!"
Kevin Gillespie is the owner of Gunshow in Atlanta and author of the cookbook 'Fire in the Belly.' You can find him here. Also on Twitter @topchefkevin.
For more tasty chef recommendations, check out "My Five Favorite Restaurants in the U.S", where James Beard winners, Top Chefs, Iron Chefs all sound off on their top eateries.