John Easton House
23 Catherine St, Newport, RI 02840
No coupons available
Be the first to add a photo!
Thank you for your kind hospitality, helpfulness and friendliness. We have enjoyed our stay tremendously and appreciate you going out of your way to help where ever you could. A lovely breakfast and peaceful house that we found so relaxing. A wonderful place for our last place to stay in Newport .
What a wonderful experience! Your place is amazing; loved every little detail; you did a remarkable job decorating. I totally appreciated how spotless your place is. The breakfast experience with the soft music in the background totally added to my digestion of the delicious food. Thanks.
06/26/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I know it's challenging to upkeep a 200 year-old victorian B & B, but Jan and John really need to do some maintenance. I saw weeds growing in the gutters on the roof, boards missing from the wooden on the house and everything in the room from the wall switches, outlets and cover plates was painted white. Some victorian colors would have really brightened up the room. The room next to us, they had a problems with ants. I didn't like the fact that there was no fresh coffee available except during breakfast. i am sure there are other B & B's available in the Newport area that offer more for less.
06/25/2008Provided by Citysearch -
1) The room had ants & spiders due to bits of food left by previous guests. Obviously, housekeeping does not clean very well. We had ants get into our suitcase which was on the floor. They sprayed with raid and the room never smelled the same.
2) The window A/C kept icing up until I cleaned the air filter, which was filthy and covered with dirt/dust.
3) No cable TV: Just an antenna that picks uo 2 stations: NBC & ABC.
4) No common lounging area to watch TV or sit and chill/relax.
5) B & B is next to a warehouse and all you hear are trucks backing up, forklifts, power tools, etc... at 7AM!
Bottom line: Avoid this place like the plague and spend $200 a night on a place that takes pride in their rooms.