The late Allan D. Jones, who served as Assistant Attorney General for Maritime Affairs under President Franklin D. Roosevelt, began practicing law in 1905 in downtown Newport News. He was joined by Franklin O. Blechman in 1926, and in 1932 the two attorneys formed a partnership. The firm continued to grow with the addition of partners Arthur Woltz in 1942 and Herbert V. Kelly in 1946.
Today Jones, Blechman, Woltz, & Kelly is one of the preeminent law firms in Southeastern Virginia, providing expertise in both individual and corporate areas of professional legal assistance throughout the Commonwealth and Eastern United States.
With offices in Newport News and Williamsburg, the law firm of Jones, Blechman, Woltz & Kelly combines the personality and vigor of a smaller law firm with the efficiency, resources, and quality of a larger one.
For more than 100 years, our aggressive and innovative representation has been focused on resolving legal matters in the way that most benefits our client the kind of successful counsel you would expect from the Virginia Peninsula's largest firm.