The Poochie Place
336 E 5th St Frnt 2, New York, NY 10003
Be the first to add a photo!
11/24/2009Provided by Citysearch -
i was surprised how soft and even my dogs hair was. i have a pomeranian and my girlfriend and i are always satisfied. no matter how i wash my pup i could never get him as soft and clean... and the cut was very even. the service was really great. its definitely worth the price....
11/22/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I had been bringing my yorkie, Pica, to The Poochie Place for about a year. My pet and I were always happy. But one time they were booked and I was desperate. So I used another place. Never again. The haircut was definitely inferior and I don?t know what they did but my dog just was not as happy. I brought him back to The Poochie Place. The haircut was great as usual and sure enough, he was happy again. He just loves them and that is the most important thing to me.
10/22/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I just wanted to say how nice and helpful the people at The Poochie Place are. I wanted to bring my cat in for grooming. Unfortunately they no longer worked on cats. But they helped me by giving me info on a cat groomer. They were honest enough to tell me that they were not affiliated with that person and did not know the groomer but they would give me the info since they really did not know too many places that worked on cats. They also cared enough to request feedback from me so that they knew whether to keep recommending that person. Even though I did not get my cat groomed by them, their willingness to help me is commendable. If I ever get a dog or if I know someone who is looking for a groomer for their dog, I will definitely recommend that they try The Poochie Place.
10/20/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I'm the owner who ""nycsearch"" claims was complaining about my dogs haircut. The Poochie Place contacted me because they wanted to make sure I was happy with the grooming. Apparently ""nycsearch"" claimed that I was complaining. I was pretty shocked since I did not have any complaints. I'm not sure what she heard but what I was saying was that all the other places that I have been to have given my dog a choppy haircut but that they, The Poochie Place, always does a great job. I have been coming to them for a while and I have always been happy and they have always made sure that I was satisfied. And I do recall there was a sign on the door saying they were closed for Columbus Day on Monday, October 12th. All I have to say is that is she is lying about one part of her story who knows what else she is lying about. I have alway been happy with them and everyone that I recommend has always been happy. Keep up the great work!
10/19/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I recommend this place if you like:
- A rude, defensive owner, June (sp?), who talks over you and makes excuses. She tries to pretend she wants to work with you but pulls an attitude and makes excuses. She even said that she never gets any complaints...um, what exactly are the other 1 star reviews? You can see from past reviews that her comments to bad reviews are just to defend herself instead of being customer focused.
- A clueless groomer who looks at you blankly when you ask for recommendations on a cut and says she doesn't know. I ended up just asking for an all-over trim of the same length to keep it very simple for her. My friend and I didn't feel comfortable that she even understood what I was saying.
- A groomer who will fabricate or make up excuses when you don't like the cut instead of providing good customer service and just apologizing. One of my puppy's paws was cut too short than the others and the groomer tried to tell me it wasn't the cut, but how his foot was positioned. Are you kidding?
- Clients who tell you the groomer does a sh*tty job. No joke, when I dropped off my puppy, a client picking up her dog tells me without solicitation that the cut was ""sh*tty"" and choppy.
- Your dog getting an injury from visiting this place. My dog's eye was infected and swollen barely one day after leaving this place. The owner tried to make excuses that her groomer would have told her if something had happened. Is that why the groomer also told me it's a foot positioning problem? See the other reviews as well.
- An owner who tells you they are open M-F until 6 and says she will be there after 5, only to have a closed store when you show up. She wanted me to come in soon so she can address any issues (my dog's ears were dirty). When I spoke to her and asked if she would be there after 5 pm, she said yes, but the store was closed when I showed up well before 6. When I called to ask where she was, she tells me only then that she was closed that day and failed to mention it before. She talked over me & even tried to make it seem like it was my problem by telling me their phone message said they were closed, yet she answered the phone that day every time I called. How exactly was I supposed to hear the message then? There wasn't even a sign on the door.
Other reviewers hit the nail on the head. The owner is only concerned about defending herself/business rather than truly providing quality client service and doing what's best for the dogs. Just because you sell over-priced items and charge higher prices doesn't make your business high quality or high-end.
This place was recommended to me by an existing client but I regret not checking these reviews first.
09/21/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I just recently found this place and decided to try them out. So I brought my maltipoo, Jasper, in for grooming. Boy am I glad I found them! They did a wonderful job! Jasper smelled delicious and looked great! My friends are always trying to find a great place to bring their pets. I will definitely recommend this place to them!
07/29/2009Provided by Citysearch -
If you want your dog to come home with fleas then this is the place to go. My dog was brought there flea free but came back with fleas! I know she didn't get them on the streets because as soon as she got groomed I put her in the carrier. What a dirty place!
05/29/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I walk by this place on my way home from work and decided to try it, but before I would bring my dog in for a haircut I decided to just bring him in for nail trimming. Needless to say I was glad I only did the nail trimming. My dog's nails were cut too deep, they were bleeding. The groomer tried to cover it up by putting some yellow powder on it. The groomer never told me that she cut the nails too short. I didn't notice until my dog got home and was bleeding all over my WHITE carpet!!!! The bleeding did not stop so I had to take my dog to the vet which cost me $$$$. Plus I had to get my white carpet professionally cleaned which cost more $$$. Needless to say I will not be going back there and if you really care about your pet you would not bring them there either! The groomer there is unprofessional and obviously does not care for pets!
My poor dog now is traumatized and gives groomers a hard time when getting his nails trimmed.
05/08/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I brought my two dogs in last week and I was very pleased their service. The grooming well really well. My dogs looked great and they were really happy. The people were very nice and very helpful. It was a great experience and we will definitely be back!
04/08/2009Provided by Citysearch -
My dog Lola and I have been to The Poochie Place a few times now. We've tried other places that were ok. Nothing great. The Poochie Place is the first place I really loved and will be the only place I bring Lola. Lola used to be scared of grooming. Ever since I have been bringing her here, she is getting better. She doesn't love it but she is becoming more comfortable with it. Her haircuts come out great. The store is is a cute little boutique. Everyone there is just sweet and down to earth. It's just a really great store with honest and caring people.