Saved to Favorites
- General Info
- **Frequently Asked Questions** **How much do they cost?** $3800.00 + delivery starting at $1/mi from our home market of NE Oklahoma. That amount includes not only the delivery and installation, but the anchors, anti-fatigue mat, special chair, lamp, fan, batteries, wall padding, exit tool, NSSA Seal, Certificate and registration and even OK sales tax, no matter what the tax rate in your city. We give to-the-penny quotes for deliveries Nationwide. **Is this big enough for us?** Many families of four and five are purchasing these from me though it is designed for up to three adults. "It's all we need for the short time we'll be in it" is a typical thing I hear. If you do need a larger safe room, there are many good suppliers in this industry. Please contact me, and I will give you my personal recommendations. **What are they made of?** The entire body is SA-455 carbon steel with a tensile strength of about 85,000 psi. This exceeds the strength of normal A36 steel by about 23%, and at 3/8" thick, is double the mass of the walls of many storm shelters on the market today. Coatings are durable, inert masonry-derivatives and non-atomized, low-VOC paints. **How long will it take to get one?** My goal is to get locals installed within 2 days of the order. Perhaps longer for trips, but still ASAP. Sometimes I show the unit at homes, and in those cases some have been installed within an hour of the nod. Quick story: Man calls, storms are approaching. Dirk drops everything and delivers unit. Shelter is put to good use same night. Next morning, Dad sends Dirk a text..."The sirens sounded at 9:35. "Wife, two daughters, granddaughter and me in the shelter till 10:05. "All ok, fun time, thank you." Another time I had to stop short while a tornado between me and my customer dissipated, then I went the 35 miles and installed the shelter before more storms arrived that evening!
- BBB Rating
- Extra Phones
Shelter Delivery Hotline: (918) 277-9779
- one brand, one model, New Day Tornado Shelters
- Payment method
- check, paypal, cash, financing available
- In Tulsa, find Pine and Sheridan. From there, go N on Sheridan until you cross the tracks, and take the first L onto our street. After a joggle in the road, we will be found on the L. 6040 E TECUMSEH ST, TULSA OK 74115
- This shelter comes with several peripherals to help cope with a scary situation. You get a fan with batteries, lighting system, padded stool, padded floor, padded walls and padded ear muffs.
- English, Spanish
NSSA Producer Member
I cannot stress enough how HAPPY and SAFE we are with our New Day Tornado Shelter sitting in our garage! Storm season is here, and our kiddos are so much more relaxed (as are their parents) knowing we have a secure place to go. It's affordable, it's small, it's a quick install, it's able to move with us, it's EXACTLY what we need. Thank you for everything! I think of you every time I step into my garage :-)
We got in touch with Dirk about 6 months after we moved to Oklahoma and we wanted to get a tornado shelter installed before the spring storms hit. Dirk responded within 24 hours. Not only is the shelter absolutely perfect for our small garage, it is really very roomy. Dirk gave us all the information about the shelter and checks in regularly to make sure we don't have any questions. The price is wonderful and we love the peace of mind having our shelter. I highly recommend New Day to anyone thinking of buying a tornado shelter. The service from start to installation and even now that we've had it a year is just superb.
We are extremely happy about our New Day tornado shelter. We give New Day a 10 out of 10 stars for quality of product and customer service. My wife and I were looking for a shelter that didn't take much space but could comfortably and safely hold our family of five for a short period. Thats where the New Day shelter surpasses the competition. It's looks small, but really there is a lot of room inside due to the circular design. We were also happy to find that our cell phones work while in the shelter, which is impossible in a underground shelter. We live in Fort Worth,TX, so if you want to drop by and check it out, send me a e-mail, email@example.com
We contacted Dirk at New Day Tornado probably 2 years ago. He happened to be driving to Dallas/Ft.Worth to install a shelter and offered to drive by our house to show us the shelter on the back of his specialized pickup. We got an idea of the dimensions and saw the construction. We had a feeling that might be the shelter for us. Since that day, we reviewed other shelters on-line except for one company that recently put a show-room in the Dallas area. In comparing the two companies and their products, it became an easy contest for New Day. First, because we had a 24in. ledge in the garage to contend with, New Day had a way to handle this, but the other company did not. New Day had product in stock, but the other company was lagging. We thought we were compromising on size with New Day's one size fits all, but instead we found the shelter to be a perfect size for two of us + one canine. Dirk and son arrived when the said they would, and installed it without a hitch except of one thing. A bolt or two were not the correct length (I think) for our construction. Although we would never know the difference, Dirk went to the hardware store and purchased the correct materials to ensure a proper install. Pride in craftsmanship and installation. We are extremely happy with our New Day Tornado Shelter.
We have had our New Day shelter installed 2 years ago in our garage. The shape fits perfect right in middle between our two cars with plenty of room to get around it as well as inside it with our family of 4. Dirk provides a great product at a reasonable price and tries to make sure anyone who really wants one can get one. The peace of mind in easing the nerves of our youngest daughter, who is TERRRIFIED of storms, is priceless. Her just knowing we can go sit in it while a storm passes has been worth every penny! DIrk was a pleasure and very professional to work with.
Highly recommend to anyone considering buying one : )
I purchased my shelter from New Day in 2014 and I love it; it does not take up a lot of room in the corner of my garage and due to the appearance most people think it is a standing tanning bed! Dirk DeRose is very professional and easy to work with; the installation was quick and easy and the features are amazing. These are made in Tulsa and you are able to go their company and sit inside one, they explain all the safety ratings to you and the FEMA approval etc. This meets our needs and does not break your budget. I would encourage anyone in Oklahoma who is interested in obtaining a tornado or storm shelter to contact New Day.
New Day Tornado Shelters owner, Dirk DeRose, helped me decide on my purchase by responding to all of my questions honestly. He installed it in a timely manner and took only hours to do it. He has answered my follow up questions (I had some not related to his product or installation) I when I e-mailed them the same day. I appreciate his attention immensely.
Dirk, it has been about a year since your son delivered and installed my shelter. I LOVE it!! It is securely anchored to the slab on my covered patio. I have peace of mind and no longer worry about leaving home to seek safety in the middle of the night. I HIGHLY recommend this shelter!! Thanks again Dirk for a sound product!
Dirk was a professional delight to work with. We had lots of questions and he answered all and more. The shelter was installed so quickly and features were thoroughly explained. We feel so much safer with our New Day Shelter! We highly recommend it to anyone who prefers above ground safety.
I can't say enough about New Day Tornado Shelters! They are the perfect representation of a growing business that is built on great morals and provides a quality product! Dirk worked with us personally throughout the entire process and really made sure we were comfortable, happy, and well taken care of. Our storm shelter was installed within the week of when we placed the order and was installed in only thirty minutes. We show it off every time we get a chance! If you are looking for a great product to keep your family safe and want to work with someone that is genuinely interested in your family's safety then please reach out to New Day Tornado Shelters!
Dirk, we just wanted to say thanks for everything. Your son arrived on schedule with our new storm shelter and within an hour, had it precisely placed in our garage and securely anchored to the slab. We have such a wonderful feeling knowing we have a safe and secure place to go if the weather turns nasty. My wife is tickled pink that the shelter blends so well with the color of our garage and the important little touches like the fan and lights are just icing on the cake. Thanks again for a wonderful product and a flawless installation.
As Owner of New Day Tornado Shelters, every aspect of this business is a delight, especially because of how these things help people cope with the crazy threatening weather out there.
Phone: (918) 277-3758
Website: Primary Website