Direct Auto & Life Insurance
Get a Free Quote Today!Get Quote
At Direct, we get you auto insurance you can afford with the respect that you deserve.
• At Direct we make getting insurance quotes and coverage quick and easy.
• Get a free Direct Auto Insurance quote today!
• Visit us online, in one of our 400+ local offices, or call 1-877-GO-DIRECT (1-877-463-4732) to see how you could save money on your car, motorcycle, and life insurance.
• We provide you with the coverage and services you need at a fair price and welcome all drivers to apply for coverage, regardless of past driving record and credit history.
• Terms and Conditions apply.
Payment Options: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Pay-by-Text, Electronic Check, and Cash at Local Office
Underwritten/ administered by these members of the National General Insurance Group, Winston-Salem, NC: Direct Gen. Ins. Agy, Direct General Ins. Co., Direct Ins. Co., Direct General Ins. Co.-LA, Direct General Ins. Co.-MS, Direct National Ins. Co. & Direct General Life Ins. Co
• We specialize in getting you the right amount of coverage at an affordable price
• Customize your payment plan and due date to fit your budget
• No checking account or credit card required to get coverage (in local offices only)
• Over 400 local offices throughout the Southeast
• Immediate proof of insurance
• Car insurance discounts throughout our covered states
• Quick claims process with friendly and knowledgeable representatives
• Ability to pay-by-text, by phone, online, or in person at one of our local offices.
• Car Insurance
• Motorcycle Insurance
• Term Life Insurance
• Health Insurance
• SR-22 Certifications
• Roadside Assistance
• Emergency Protection Plans
• NetSpend Prepaid MasterCard(R)
• Mexico Auto Insurance (TX only)
Direct General Insurance Agencies DBA Direct Auto Insurance
Direct General Insurance Agency, Inc
This company has made my car accident one of the most frustrating experiences of my life! They don't respond to questions or phone calls, even after asking to speak to a supervisor, I was put through to a voice mail and never received a call back. But after I asked to speak to a supervisor, my insurance claim was denied, due to my daughter staying with me to help me get rides back and forth to work. They because she is staying with me my whole insurance policy is void, because I did not include her on the policy. Which she wasn't staying with me until after the car was totaled and I had not heard from them for 30 days. 30 days of cab rides! They will do anything they can to wiggle out of their part of the bargain. Horrible and dishonest company! I wish could choose no stars!
My wife was rear-ended in October and the lady who hit her was insured by Direct General Ins. Co. The company paid to have the car fixed but said nothing about the front tires being damaged. I called the company back in Austin and was told that this appraiser would return to reinspect the tires. Maybe the wreck did the damage maybe not...but it was no call for the phone call I received from Jeff Shepic tonight. He began by saying "let's cut to the chase and we're not going to reimburse you for your tires!" I asked him to clarify why? He told my they weren't going to pay for my fraudulent claim. I said that the tires were fine before the wreck and he told me they are worn out. Then he said " is your radio still working? it may have damaged it to from the wreck! Then he went on to name several other ludicrous items and asked if they too were broken as a result of the impact. I then told him he was being rude and a smart a$$. He replied "to the highest degree" and then laughed about it! He then proceeded to hang up on me in mid conversation. What a classy guy. I sure hope that not all of your appraiser's act this class-less. You are a business and you and all of your employees jobs are based on people like me using your business to insure us. You work for the people! Without the people there is no Direct General. All of this was said by a "appraiser" who been doing this for 27 years and didn't even notice that the trunk was ajar from the impact. I asked him about this too and he said it was probably there before the wreck too. Well, I'm not 100% sure the tires were perfect before the wreck, but it sure is a strange coincidence that they are messed up now. But I do know that the trunk was not ajar and we didn't buy the car with a messed up trunk lid. I'm sure my complaints will fall upon deaf ears, but I sure wish someone would do something about this very rude appraiser. There is no place anywhere to "appraise" the "appraiser". I would like an written apology not only from the company, but the appraiser too. Then I would like to request another appraiser to come to my house and inspect the tires. I feel very strongly that the tire damage was a direct result of the wreck. Obviously Jeff Shepic felt very strongly that it was not. But he went about it in a completely wrong manner. I will be contacting the Austin office tomorrow to state my case...we'll see what happens.