Ago - Miami
1901 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
(305) 695-3226Add Hours
Phone: (305) 695-3244
AGO Miami LLC
Alcohol: Yes, Full Bar, Wine
Good For Groups: Yes
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: Yes
No coupons available
04/27/2008Provided by Citysearch -
Ago is the perfect place to have nice conversation, great music, be surrounded by a beautiful and stylish decorations, not to include the beautiful clientele, and have a nice glass of wine. As to the food, I wouldn't count on it. Before making reservations, I checked out the citysearch reviews, which only cautioned me on the gnocci. So we decided to give it a go. The food was disappointing, I order the Tallgiatele with a lamb ragu sauce, my friends order the filet mignon, and the chilean seabass and none of the plates met my expectations. I would go again, but just to have a few drinks.
10/19/2007Provided by Citysearch -
I believe Robert De Niro made a mistake on this one, ""NOBU"" is excellent but ""AGO"" needs serious overhauling.
Just went on Tuesday 10/16/07. Looks nice
1. Waiter's too pushy on the wine and really did not know what they were offering
2. Cold Bread (Some people care about this).
3. Appetizer (Fritto Misto) - This calamary and fried veggy plate not what you would expect from a Quality restaurant ""TGI Fridays is better"" and cheaper"".
4. Gnocci - This was a let down almost every big name restaurant allows (half portions) not here. The sauce and mozzarella mix is so basic you would expect a better dish - but the tast was completely blend. - Even Mac and Cheese is better :(
5. Salad - A basic salad was not even offered.
6. Main Course - Bisteca (T-Bone) the most expensive dish on the menu $52, Ok a big portion served with rosemary potatoes. The seasoning was not there which at least you would expect this being the most expensive dish. The potatoes were dry from sitting in the oven.
After this debacle didn't even wanted to waste time with desert
Spent $200.00 for two, no alcohol and the valet was $26.00 more.
Really dissappointing, I would suggest driving back to ocean drive and going to Prime 112 or Smith and Wolinsky.
06/05/2006Provided by Citysearch -
Pleasantly surprised by Ago. We were able to get reservations for 2 on the same day (Fri night 9:30pm) and walked into a crowded, trendy scene. Great ambiance, seated outdoors on patio near pool. Ordered calamari to start and veal ravioli (excellent) and gnocci (decent). Tons of large groups but also great for romantic date. Definitely recommend outdoor seating. Went to SkyBar after where we bumped into NBA players. Great time!
07/20/2005Provided by Citysearch -
Our server was impolite- we ordered a bottle of Pinot Grigio, he said that it wasnt good and recommended the most expensive one. When we told him that we still wanted that bottle, he smirked. He never came over to check on the food or to refill wine. My friend ordered the lamb, which was delicious. I wasnt extremely hungry and wanted room for dessert, so I ordered a specialty pizza. The waiter sarcastically asked if wed like the pizza and lamb at the same time (implying that pizza wasnt an appropriate main course). I regret ordering it because it was extremely bland. It had no basil or fresh mozzerella- just minimal sauce and greasy cheese. I will never go back and will discourage others from dining here. There are too many restaurants in South Beach that offer excellent food without the attitude.
04/07/2003Provided by Citysearch -
Pretension without talent is always a nauseating site.
This place should be avoided: food is satisfactory, decor is not unique, but the service is atrocious. They should be ashamed charging an automatic service fee of 18-20% and not delivering even standard wait service. It was impossible to get any attention from our waiter. If I had to wave my arms any more for him, aircraft would have started landing in Sirena's parking lot. Beware. This was one of the worst dining experiences ever. Stay away.