The Harbor Bar & Grill
3024 17th st, Metairie, LA 70002
Grill: (504) 835-6111
Bar: (504) 832-4117
Parking: Free, Private
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Cuisines: Caterers, Bar & Grills
No coupons available
Be the first to add a photo!
01/29/2009Provided by Citysearch -
1. Poor service-there?s never a bartender behind the bar.
2. Satellite radio and a digital juke box-the loudest and worst music you?ll ever hear.
3. Annoying ?disco? lights constantly flashing in your eyes.
4. Employees are rude. Their motto-?The customer is NEVER right?
5. Takes forever to get a drink. A person can die of thirst in here.
6. Pay with cash. Credit cards get lost and tabs are more than what you drink.
7. Food is pre-made, instant, frozen or from a can. Nothing is fresh made.
8. Everything you touch or sit on in the Deli is covered in grease.
9. Beer Bucket Special! 5 for $11. (Big deal! save a whole $1.50, not even a free beer)
10. Karaoke-Bartender actually turned off an NFL Playoff game for bad karaoke
08/15/2006Provided by Citysearch -
Slow service-bartender will wait on you when they feel like it. Must finish phone call or conversation with others. If bartender does not like you, you will be treated like dirt, insulted and made to feel unwanted to the point that you will leave. Bar discriminates. Food is nothing special. Orders take a long time. You are never served eating utensils or napkins. You have to ask for them or get them yourself. Not all menu items are available, only because the cook doesnt want to be bothered preparing something that takes a little extra time. They have sound from the jukebox and TV both playing at the same time. Bartender actually changed TV station to a cable news station in the middle of a football game.
08/26/2005Provided by Citysearch -
I have to agree with all the user reviews about this place-definitely not recommended. I stopped in to grab a beer and watch a football game and they didn't even have the game on! I guess no one was interested in the game, so you can guess the kind of customers that were in this place. I got them to put the game on but it was very difficult to watch the game with lights flashing in your eyes and on the screen. Forget about listening to the game. The jukebox was blaring with the worst music I've ever heard.
01/06/2005Provided by Citysearch -
The first thing we noticed was the smell of stale beer and smoke. We had to wait a few minutes because the bartender was not behind the bar. We finally got our drinks and the beers were not exactly ice cold. We placed our food order and sat down. Our burgers and steaks arrived in a timely manner. Burgers and steaks were nice sized; however they were not exactly cooked to order. Half way through our meal some people came in and proceeded to light up cigars, which ruined our dinner. We asked for to-go boxes and our check. Our bill didn't quit add up to what was priced on the menu and a 20% tip was added to our bill. We didn't like the idea of a 20% tip added to our bill when we didn't even have a waitress and pretty much had to wait on ourselves.
09/25/2003Provided by Citysearch -
Crazy Johnny's has this place beat by far. The service is better, the food is better, the employees are not rude, the place is neater and cleaner, the atmosphere is a lot nicer, the music is at a reasonable level, and you don't have to put up with disco lights. You can even watch a game on one of the many TV's. They even have a big screen.
Harbor food is pre-made, instant, frozen or from a can. Nothing is fresh, except the employees.