1919 Wagon Road Gap, Memphis, TN 38134
Counce Marine Inc
No coupons available
I decided to support locally instead of buying from the internet for my boat parts. I went to Counce and bought over $500 worth of parts/lubricants for my 25 foot Glastron. While I could have bought it online cheaper, I wanted to establish a relationship with a local boat retailer. I gave them my Mercruiser 496 serial number and requested a trim/sender kit ($150). They gave me the "correct kit". After sending the kit to my mechanic, he stated it was the wrong part. No big deal. Mistakes happen. I returned the part to Counce for a refund with all parts/instructions,etc. To be fair, I did not have my original receipt, however, the parts person recognized me & knew I had bought it there. Here's where it went bad:
1. I asked them to look up my purchase in their system. They stated they did not have the ability to do that. huh? Apparently, they do not have the ability to look up past purchases.
2. I explained the situation and they mumble mouthed around and stated the part was the correct part. I didn't want to argue about this because my mechanic stated it wasn't so what difference should it make anyway. I just requested a legitimate refund.
3. Bottom line. They just didn't want to give me a refund.
So Counce single handily had the following occur over a refund for $150 of a part I bought from them that was a incorrect part that they advised was correct:
1. Lost a customer for good for all further boat parts.
2. Lost a customer for any future boat purchases.
While I am not happy about their service, this message is to warn you that if you buy from them, you probably will not get your money back if you try to return (unlike the internet that is much cheaper and has a return policy). If they do this with a $150 part, you may be on your own also for $100,000 boat. Buyer beware.