- Laser Hair RemovalOur Candela lasers are precise and can be adjusted to the exact parameters that will destroy the hair bulb in the follicle, minimally affecting the surrounding skin, and considerably increasing the efficiency of the hair removal process. By delivering an effective energy beam deep into the tissue, our lasers ensure the most predictable results, patient comfort, and a high degree of safety.
- Laser Skin TighteningWhat Is Laser Skin Tightening? Laser Skin Tightening is a minimally invasive, non-surgical process that uses an infrared light source (a laser) to tighten skin by heating the collagen under the skin’s surface, causing the skin to contract (tighten). Facial skin tightening is noticeable immediately after the treatment, and there is no downtime, making this an increasingly popular procedure. Additional skin tightening occurs over the next few months, but optimal results usually require three to six treatments about a month apart. What is the difference between laser skin tightening and laser skin resurfacing? Laser skin tightening often produces less immediate and dramatic changes than laser skin resurfacing, but it also poses far fewer risks, discomfort, and downtime for patients. During laser skin tightening, a laser is used to heat the collagen under the surface of the skin, causing the collagen to expand and the skin to appear tighter. Laser skin resurfacing uses lasers to remove the outer layers of skin to promote the growth of new, healthier skin. Because laser skin resurfacing actually removes the top layers of skin, it can be used to treat a broader range of cosmetic issues than laser skin tightening, such as wrinkles, age or sun spots, acne marks, and other facial scarring. The risk for unfavorable changes in pigmentation and scarring is stronger with laser skin resurfacing than with skin tightening What are the advantages of laser skin tightening? Laser Skin Tightening is rapidly becoming a very popular cosmetic dermatology procedure for reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and other effects of skin laxity. Skin tightening is increasing in popularity because it is less invasive than other rejuvenating procedures, such as face lift and body lift procedures, it produces dramatically firmer skin, and it can be used on any area of the body. Added benefits of laser skin tightening are the reduced risk of side effects and the lack of downtime following treatment. What does laser skin tightening treatment feel like? During treatment, your laser practitioner will use a small handpiece to apply quick pulses of laser light to your skin. Patients may feel a gradual warming sensation at the treatment area, and could feel brief discomfort which is often described as similar to the sensation caused by a snapping rubber band on the skin. Most patients comment that the discomfort they feel during laser skin tightening is minimal, and it is usually resolved within minutes of the procedure’s completion. When will I see results? Most patients notice changes in the tone and condition of their skin immediately following a skin tightening treatment. However, because the procedure is designed to stimulate the natural growth of collagen, the patient’s optimal results may take up to a few months to be visible. Typically, new collagen growth takes from 90 to 180 days after the initial treatment, at which time patients enjoy a dramatically rejuvenated appearance. Are multiple treatments necessary? While patients see noticeable decreases in skin laxity after their first laser skin tightening session, most skin tightening experts recommend up to six treatments, depending on the patient’s desired results and the area to be treated. Treatments are generally spaced roughly three to four weeks apart. After the initial series of skin tightening treatments, some patients opt for either bi yearly or yearly “touch up” sessions to target areas most prone to wrinkles and lines. Laser skin tightening candidates Many people notice signs of aging when skin begins to sag around the face and neck. Laser skin tightening is appropriate for men and women of all skin types and skin tones who wish to achieve dramatic results without painful surgery and lengthy recovery times. The most successful skin tightening canidates (ages 30-60) experience permanent results as the collagen under their skin is regenerated, producing a more youthful complexion. Is laser skin tightening safe? Laser skin tightening is a safe way to rejuvenate the appearance of skin in any area of the body. Unlike other treatments, such as laser skin resurfacing, which promote the growth of new skin by removing superficial layers of the patient’s skin the patient’s existing skin, laser skin tightening does not burn or break the skin. Patients who undergo skin tightening experience very few side effects and these are most often minor inconveniences in the form of redness or minimal and temporary swelling.
- Spider Vein & Facial Vein RemovalWhat are Spider Veins? Spider veins are so named because these tiny veins just beneath the skin often radiate out from a central point, reminiscent of the shape of a spider. They may also appear as fine, separate lines, as a web-like maze, or as “branches” from a single “trunk” of a tree-shaped form. Spider veins can develop on any part of the body, including the face, thighs, calves, and ankles. Although their exact cause is unknown, it is known that spider veins are related to abnormal blood flow in the affected veins. Any condition or activity that puts pressure on leg veins(e.g., gaining weight and sitting or standing for long periods of time), can contribute to their development. In women, spider veins often appear during pregnancy. Other contributing factors include sustaining an injury in the affected area, taking medications that affect hormones, such as birth control pills, advanced age, and a family history of spider veins. Spider veins on the nose or face, which typically appear as unsightly red or pink clusters, may also be related to overexposure to the sun. Although many spider veins in other parts of the body are often removed through a process called sclerotherapy, facial veins are usually too small to be effectively treated in this way. When the veins are small and close to the skin’s surface, laser spider vein removal is often the most effective treatment. How does Laser Therapy for Spider Veins work? Laser spider vein removal differs significantly from the older, more traditional (and invasive) injection treatment – sclerotherapy. With the use of laser technology, there is no reason to pierce the skin in order to close off the small spider veins. The heat energy from the laser is able to penetrate under the skin and close the vein. The laser is able to collapse the spider vein by shrinking it due to precisely applied heat energy. This takes place of the alternative, which requires injecting the vein with a needle. Both, lasers and injections can effectively remove spider veins, but most patients elect the laser for several reasons: in a few instances, these individuals may have already tried sclerotherapy but found that it did not work. Others may choose the laser because they have an aversion to needles. Some have reported significant pain and discomfort from sclerotherapy, as well as purple and brown scars at the injection sites. Alternatively, the laser leaves no traces. How much pain can I expect? You may feel a slight burning or stinging sensation as the laser penetrates your skin. However, pain is usually minimal and no anesthesia is required. For those with low pain tollerance Tylenol or Ibuprofen may be used. Many patients liken the feeling to a rubber band snapping on the skin. How many treatments will it take? The actual veins treated usually only take one to two treatments. However treatment time is limited to 15- 30 min sessions so 2-4 treatments could be needed to treat them all if you have a bunch. What is the recovery like? You may experience some redness and swelling of the treated area, which should disappear within a few days. Generally, the veins will turn a purple to light violet color and sometimes may resemble a small bruise, and then gradually fade within the next several weeks. Ice packs are usually recommended to reduce the swelling. Frozen aloe vera gel is also commonly used. A second treatment may be needed on veins that did not completely disappear. This is done 6-8 weeks after the initial visit. What are the long term results? Although laser removal of spider veins may not erase all imperfections in the skin, most patients are satisfied with the results. After treatment, the unsightly red veins are significantly diminished and the skin is returned to a more natural, uniform state. It is important to remember, however, that laser removal does not deter the normal effects of aging and that treatment does not prevent the occurrence of new spider veins.
- Sun Spots / Age Spots RemovalWhat is Laser Spot Removal? Laser Sun Spot Removal gives precise control as the laser procedure gently removes the spots to reveal smooth, fresher-looking skin. The laser's energy is delivered in pulses via a hand piece held very close to the skin. As the laser pulses, you may feel a slight sting. If needed, a local anesthesia can be applied to the treatment area. Spots are removed in a precise, rapid fashion achieving excellent results by targeting the darker melanin spots and causing them to burn or crust off. As they dry out they will normally just flake off on their own. How will I feel after my laser treatments? Following laser treatment, there may be a little discoloration. After several days a crust will form and fall off within 7-14 days. Occasionally some discoloration may persist for several months. Do laser treatments for spot removal hurt? Most patients describe the sensation to feel like the snap of a rubber band on the skin as the laser pulses are delivered through the hand piece. Some patients request a topical anesthesia for added comfort. Following treatment, the pain is minimal to nonexistent. How many treatments will I need? Typically only one or two treatments are all that is necessary. Occasionally darker, larger spots may require additional treatment to obtain optimal results. How long do treatments take? Depending on the number, size, and location of the lesions, treatments usually take only a few minutes. Doing entire areas like arms, backs, legs etc can take much longer. Will the spots return after treatment? Not usually. However, new spots may appear over time, but these too can be removed. Optimal results can be maintained only if you apply sunscreen on the treated area and avoid future sun exposure. Are these treatments safe? Yes. Lasers and advanced light systems have been used safely on millions of patients of all ages worldwide. These systems treat only the targeted lesions (spots), leaving the surrounding tissue intact. There are many benefits to laser sun spot removal including minimal pain, less bruising and swelling and once removed the lesions rarely return. The risk of scarring or discoloration is minimal and most always fades with your natural skin tone in just a couple months. Makeup can be applied over the pinkish new skin until it blends.
- MicrodermabrasionsWhat is Microdermabrasion? Microdermabrasion is a quick, safe, effective form of exfoliation for all skin types and colors with no downtime and no pain or discomfort.Microderms have been available in Europe since the late 1980’s. It uses a diamond-tipped applicator with a slight suction to remove dead or damaged skin cells. Skin will appear softer, smoother, brighter, clearer, fresher and younger looking. Microdermabrasion is NOT the same as dermabrasion. Dermabrasion is a much more aggressive procedure, whereas microdermabrasion is much more gentle. What are the different types of microdermabrasion? Crystal microdermabrasion systems were the traditional treatment of choice and rely on tiny crystals that are gently applied onto the skin to perform the exfoliating process. Over the years there have been reports of the crystals getting into the eyes and causing infection or irritation. Diamond microdermabrasion systems operate without the need for crystals. The exfoliation process occurs when a diamond tipped head makes contact with the skin. In both crystal and diamond microdermabrasion systems the dead skin cells are gently removed away from the face. Who can benefit from Microdermabrasion? Everyone - men and women of any skin type or color. Skin that is aging, congested, flaky, dry, devitalized, thickened,blemished, dull and sun damaged can be rejuvenated and refreshed. Blotchiness, uneven skin tones and texture will also be improved. Even normal skin can be made to look fresher with a warm glow. What areas can be treated? The most common areas that are treated are the face and neck. In addition we can treat the chest, shoulders, back,hands, knees and elbows. Any body area can be treated. Why does the skin benefit from Microdermabrasion? Approximately every 28 days we create a new layer of skin. As new cells form they push their way to the surface and then dead cells settle on the surface. This can cause enlarged pores, clogged pores, a bumpy uneven texture, and a dull appearance. As we age this process slows down leading to the appearance of older skin with less radiance. How does Microdermabrasion work? Microdermabrasion is a gentle exfoliation that is performed with a diamond-encrusted applicator tip. The tip passes over the skins surface, and creates a gentle vacuum. The diamond tip gently exfoliates approximately 20-25 microns of dead skin cells of the outermost layer (stratum corneum). Once removed, it reveals one’s own fresher, younger looking skin beneath. One Microdermabrasion is equal to three 30% glycolic peels or one 70% peel. Is Microdermabrasion the same as Dermabrasion? No, Microdermabrasion is NOT the same as Dermabrasion. Dermabrasion is a much more aggressive procedure which has to be done in an operating room, whereas Microdermabrasion is much gentler and can be performed in the office. How many treatments do you need? This treatment is meant to be progressive not aggressive. Generally results are more noticeable after the third treatment. After the first session the skin will appear fresher, cleaner, smoother and softer for some clients. Usually treatments are performed every 4 weeks, but can be done more frequently. A typical course of treatment is a series of six Microdermabrasion sessions. Maintenance treatments are suggested once every one to two months. How long does it take? The actual treatment usually takes 30-40 minutes, depending on the body area. What are the side effects? One may experience a slight tingling, and afterward the skin may feel tighter, as if exposed to the wind or sun. The skin may appear slightly flushed and this generally fades in 12-24 hours. Cautions: * If you suffer with cold sores, you should be cold sore free prior to a treatment to avoid the risk of them spreading. * You need to discuss with the technician if you have any of these conditions: rosacea, dermatitis, skin cancers, easy bruising, Hepatitis C, AIDS, or are on blood thinners or Accutane. * If you use Retin A products or any skin care products that irritate the skin you should stop them for at least 2-3 days before and do not restart until 2-3 days after a treatment. One week before and after your treatment STOP using the following treatments and products: - Electrolysis, laser treatments, waxing, depilatories, masks, glycolic peels or lactic treatments, facials, dermabrasion, hair dyes, permanent wave or straightening treatments. - Tretinoin (Vitamin A Acid creams) and Glycolic Acids. - Loofa or other types of sponges.
- Juvederm FillerWhat is Juvéderm™ Injectable Gel®? As we age, our skin changes. Over time, the natural volume of youthful skin begins to diminish as wrinkles and folds form. But, with Juvéderm™ injectable gel, you don't have to just sit back and let it happen! Juvéderm™ is a smooth consistency gel made of hyaluronic acid—a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps to add volume and hydration. Your healthcare professional eases Juvéderm™ injectable gel under the skin to instantly restore your skin's volume and smooth away facial wrinkles and folds, like your “smile lines” or “parentheses” (nasolabial folds—the creases that run from the bottom of your nose to the corners of your mouth). Juvéderm™ provides a smooth, natural look and feel—so everyone will notice (but no one will know)! In fact, studies show superior results of Juvéderm™ compared to a collagen-based dermal filler.† Juvéderm™can also be used as a lip filler to provide thicker, beautiful looking lips. Almost 90% of all study volunteers who were treated with both Juvéderm™ injectable gel and another dermal filler† preferred Juvéderm™! Juvéderm™ injectable gel is the first FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler that is proven to be safe and effective for persons of color. Immediate Results With Juvéderm™ the injection process takes only about 15 minutes and results are immediate. Plus, there's minimal recovery or downtime. So you can step into your doctor's office for treatment and step right back into your life. *Juvéderm™ is indicated for injection into the mid to deep dermis for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds).
- BOTOX INJECTIONSWhat is Botox®? Botox® injections are a diluted form of botulism which is injected into facial muscles to paralyze or weaken the muscles that form wrinkles. Last year, the procedure was performed in the United States more than 1.6 million times, a 46 percent increase since 2000 and a 2,356 percent increase since 1997. The History of Botox® Botulinum toxins were first researched in the late 1960s to treat neurological disorders. Botox was first approved by the FDA in 1989 to treat eye muscle disorders (blepharospasm, uncontrollable blinking, and strabismus, crossed eyes). In 2000, it was approved to treat cervical dystonia (a disorder that causes severe neck and shoulder contractions). As an unusual side effect of the eye disorder treatment, doctors observed that Botox® softened the frown lines between the eye brows. FDA Approval In April 2002, the FDA was satisfied by its review of studies indicating that Botox® reduced the severity of frown lines for up to 120 days and approved the drug. It is under review for approval to treat brow furrow, migraine headache, chronic tension headache, upper limb spasticity, juvenile cerebral palsy, and hyperhidrosis Botox® is the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure performed. In the year 2003 there were 2,272,080 Botox® injections performed. What kind of wrinkles do Botox® injections treat? Wrinkles that are caused by muscle contraction, such as frown lines, crow's feet, forehead creases, and neck bands can be safely and successfully treated with Botox®. Costs of Botox® Cosmetic Treatment We charge $10.00 per unit. The glabella (between the eyebrows) frown line generally takes about 10 units. To do forehead, glabella and crows feet the average person will use about 30- 40 units. What to expect at your visit You will be asked to contract the facial muscles (frowning, squinting) that affect the area to be treated. This will help your surgeon determine the best location for the injection. The injection is normally injected directly into the muscle with a tiny needle. Avoid alcohol and remain upright for several hours following the procedure. Results of Botox® Injections Results are normally seen within a few days but may take a full week for the full effect. The results generally last 3-6 months and require occasional touchups. Recovery after Botox® There is generally no recovery period. You can go directly back to your normal activities. Safety and Side Effects Botox® is proven to be safe and effective. Over the past 20 years, Botulinum Toxin Type A has been evaluated in more than 200 studies. There are no documented systemic complications associated with Botox® injections. Botox® has been widely used for more than 11 years with over 1 million people.
- Laser Hair RestorationLow Light Laser Therapy Hair Restoration Perhaps you’ve tried lotions, potions, or considered radical or expensive hair replacement techniques that average more than $10,000. Maybe you’ve just ignored it. But the fact is, you’re losing your hair. This condition seriously affects self-esteem, confidence, and shapes how the world perceives you. You’ve finally decided to do something about your hair loss. Low light laser therapy hair restoration offers a new treatment solution that provides more than just hope for those who suffer from hair loss. 6 Laser Hair Light Devices have now been approved by the FDA to promote hair growth in both Men and Women with up to 93% new hair growth. Latest Hair Restoration, LLLT study released in 2009 at ISHRS (International Society for Hair Restoration Surgeons) showed: 100% of the subjects saw an increase in hair growth, 97% saw an increase in hair count. PROVEN 2007 FDA cleared device - Laser proven to regrow hair – in a Multi-Center Double Blind, Sham-Device Controlled Clinical Study - 93% of People got an average of 19 new thick hairs per centimeter in 6 months (most clinics find best results in 12 months) A new study published in the International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Dermatology showed a 93% male increase in hair among the respondents using Laser in the study! SAFE - LLLT has been used clinically for numerous ailments in Europe for over 35 years and has been the subject of over 3,500 scientific studies, published worldwide. LLLT is approved for Safety by the FDA. There are no reported side effects to the therapy which is painless, non- toxic and complements many traditional therapies. *King, P.R. Low Level Laser Therapy: A Review, Laser Med. Sci. 4: 141, 1999. What is Laser Hair Restoration with low light level therapy? Hair Restoration or Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT) is defined as a "cool laser" that effectively stimulates the area and causes an increase in blood flow and causes Photo-bio-stimulation”. Photobiostimulation (PBS) is the biochemical, non-thermal effect that results from the exposure of living tissue to various doses of energy at varying wavelengths emitted from low level lasers. How does Laser Hair Restoration with low light level therapy work? Hair Restoration with Low Light Laser Therapy creates an environment that gives hair its best chance for a healthy growth cycle. It works naturally to heal follicles from within and it interferes with the production of DHT, a body chemical that causes hair loss. The laser light is slowly dissolving any chemicals and buildup around the dermal papilla allowing it to regain blood flow and absorb healthy nutrients needed to make hair grow. When DHT gets to the dermal papilla, it undermines the absorption of vital nutrients required for healthy hair follicles. Hair follicles have resting and growing phases. So without proper nutrition, their resting stages get longer while their growing phases get shorter and eventually end all together. While it’s gentler than sunlight, hair growth with the Low Light Laser system is a result of the specific frequencies used and our comprehensive therapy system. What is a treatment like? Laser Hair Restoration Therapy involves sitting under a dome hood light unit for approximately 30minutes. There are almost 500 red led, laser diodes and invisible infrared lights in the hood which completely surrounds your scalp. There is no sound, odor, and the experience is painless. Many clients read, watch TV, use thier lap top or just relax during thier hair restoration therapy. The frequency and the number of treatments vary depending on the extent of your hair loss. Typically you go through a couple treatments a week for about one year. Our trained hair growth consultants will determine your optimal treatment plan following your free hair and scalp evaluation. We offer flexible hours for your convenience. Many clients look forward to their appointments where they can sit back, relax and enjoy some quiet time.
- LASER AND SKIN CARE SERVICES
"Fish and Chips" found in 1 dish