- General Info
- Aspen Beauty Academy of Laurel offers a comprehensive education in basic cosmetology that includes hair care, hair design, nail care, skin care and make-up application. The program provides 1500 clock hours of required instruction in English to prepare students for the State Board of Cosmetologists licensing examination. Aspen Beauty Academy of Laurel has been training Maryland students for successful cosmetology careers for over 18 years. Our graduates have become professionals in a wide range of positions, from hair salon owners and stylists, to cosmetology instructors and beauty consultants.The beauty school is approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission? And the Maryland State Board of Cosmetologists and accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS). What Makes Us Special Results:* Aspen Beauty Academy of Laurel has historically achieved high completion, placement and state board licensure ratesEducation Team: * Aspen Beauty Academy of Laurel educators are seasoned professionals who are passionate about teaching. Acting as leaders and mentors, they provide a quality education with a hands-on, supportive and motivating approachLearning Environment:* Students receive individual attention and many clients to hone their skills in a salon-like and professional environment. A wonderfully diverse student body makes for an interesting and stimulating school environment Wella Professionals Hair Color:* We use Wella Professionals hair color brands as the basis of our hair color curriculum. Students have access to a wide palette of intermixable colors and receive consistent results and the ultimate in shine, care and conditioningEligible Mac Pro School:The program offers students a direct link to the MAC world as well as the following benefits:* Product discount of 20%* Master Classes* In-store Events* PRO Website Access * Student Makeup Kit at 40% Discount Don't wait! Schedule your visit of the Academy now.
- Contact Us
- BBB Rating
- Mazani, Nairobi, Sebastian (for services performed and retail), Wella Professional color line
- Payment method
- visa, master card, cash
- Located off Fort Meade Rd in the Brockbridge shopping center with Fitness Evolution, Rugged Warehouse, Dunkin Donuts, etc.
NACCAS, AACS, Dept of Education, Bloom.com, Eric Fisher Academy
- Other Link
GalleryView all (13)
I came here for partial highlights in April and a great experience! Usually I'm skeptical when getting a hair service at a cosmetology school, but i was surprised at how professional and well-trained the students were! My highlights looked great and lasted! I will definitely recommend this place to anyone seeking an affordable color service!
I used to love going to this school however I was extremely unhappy with the teacher who was suppose to be on duty today, instead of helping his students he spent his time belittling his students walking around with an air of arrogance and playing on his cell phone. I will no longer be a patron of this establishment at least not while he is an "employee" there. I am disgusted that the school would employ such a man. And I will be informing everyone I know not to come here while he is working.
I love this school I have received a quality eduction at a super great price the teachers are knowledgeable and very helpful and the directors are caring wonderful people who care about not only our eduction but also you on a personal level I highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a quality education at a competitive price
I attended Aspen from late 2011-2013 and feel that I received a quality education for a great price compared to other schools. The Director, was very receptive to my concerns early on when I first started and made adjustments to the curriculum to benifit all students. Although it was rough at first, it is really good now. The instructors are great at what they do, and very patient. I would definately recommend this school to anyone who is PASSIONATE about the cosmetolgy field.
It is a decent place to get your hair done. For the most part, all of the students know what they are doing. It is a school so don't go there with the mindset of walking out like you just left a salon. However, I would not recommend this school to anyone that is looking for a career in Cosmetology. Horrible school and all the students are miserable and hate it. Its not worth it especially if being a hairstylist is your passion. You will quickly lose that motivation, drive, and excitement you have about 2 weeks into the program. Pay the extra money and go to a better school like Aveda Institute or Paul Mitchell.
We're sorry that this person hasn't enjoyed their experience as a student. All schools have their share of unhappy students though out of all our students I can only think of one that's chronically unhappy. The great majority of our students appreciate the school's excellent training, high state board passing results, 3 day schedules, diversity, moderate tuition and comradery between students and instructors. False statements like these are vindictive and I sincerely hope this person enjoys a change of conscience and outlook on life. There's no way to be successful in this wonderful industry (or in life) WITHOUT a positive outlook!
I went to Aspen Beauty Academy from 2010-2011. I feel like I was tought everything I needed to pass my state board test & become a great cosmetologist. I feel like I was actually more prepared then other people I know that went to the bigger named schools. I have def told my friends who were intrested in cosmetology about Aspen.
Phone: (301) 490-8580
Address: 3535 Laurel Fort Meade Rd, Laurel, MD 20724
Website: Aspen Web Site
People Also Viewed
- Paul Mitchell the School
7351 Assateague Dr Ste 370, Jessup, MD 20794
- EL & S Beauty Supply
3523 Laurel Fort Meade Rd, Laurel, MD 20724
- Great Clips
3353 Corridor Marketplace Ste 200, Laurel, MD 20724
- JJ Nail Spa
3517 Laurel Fort Meade Rd, Laurel, MD 20724
- Laurel Barber Shop
137 Bowie Rd, Laurel, MD 20707
- Master Nails
3473 Laurel Fort Meade Rd, Laurel, MD 20724
- Hair Cuttery
3465 Laurel Fort Meade Rd, Laurel, MD 20724
- Anointed Touch Salon and Spa
339 Main St, Laurel, MD 20707
- Pro Nails & Spa
9900 Washington Blvd N, Laurel, MD 20723
- Head Linin ' Barber Salon
316 2nd St, Laurel, MD 20707