The vintage metal gas station at the corner of State and B in Lake Oswego was built in 1939 and was a Texaco franchise. Larry Jacobson bought it in 1960, and his son Mark started working there at age 19 pumping gas and doing oil changes. In 1999, Texaco insisted that Jacobson add a store to sell cigarettes and snack food. Preferring to use the space to provide top notch automotive services they went independent and became Mark Service. in 2009 Bill Scanlan family bought the station, and at age 19 along with Mark's help, Mark Service became Bill Service. Mark and Bill with the other reliable staff continue the tradition of trustworthy vehicle repair, competitive prices, and community service. Bill Old Fashion Service is adequately staffed so we can respond with a personal visit to jump a battery, put air in a tire, or help get a vehicle towed in for diagnosis and repair.