In 1943, Immanuel Lutheran Church of Copperas Cove, Texas, initiated the idea of a mission church in Killeen. Services began May 23, 1954, under the sponsorship of Immanuel. Worship and Sunday School were held the Center Theater at 409 North Gray Street in downtown Killeen. On Sunday, April 3, 1955, Grace Lutheran Church was formally organized as a mission congregation of the Texas District, Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod. On July 13, 1958, the congregation moved temporarily from the Center Theater to Fowler Elementary School on Trimmier Road. The first church building was built and dedicated at 1301 South Trimmier Road on September 14, 1958. Over the years, the Holy Spirit blessed the Grace Family with steady growth. In 1970, the congregation changed from mission status to being a self-supporting congregation. On September 13, 1970, the congregation dedicated the current facilities at 1007 Bacon Ranch Road.