Alfred Humphrey opened Humphrey Products Company in Kalamazoo, Mich. as the General Gas Light Company in 1901, marketing inverted arc gaslights. In the first 20 years the company had expanded to include offices in San Francisco, New York, Havana, Cuba, London and Bremen, Germany. During World War II, the company manufactured equipment for military use. Now, Humphrey Products Company is an engineering firm specializing in products and services for the pneumatic and fluid control industries. The firm is ISO 9001 registered and has distributors in North and South America, Mexico, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.