Good News Ministries is dedicated to proclaiming the gospel among the disadvantaged people of the inner-city and establishing them in Christian living while extending assistance of shelter, food, clothing, medical care and educational opportunities. Our ultimate goal is to help individuals achieve independent living with a reliance on God. Good News Mission was founded in 1950 strictly as a rescue mission for homeless men. In 1983 Good News Mission moved to its current location at 2716 E. Washington Street on the near eastside. Due to the great needs of the surrounding community and our desire to help all of those who are disadvantaged, we felt there was a tremendous responsibility and opportunity for Good News Mission to offer vital human services for needy women and children, as well as homeless men. We have expanded our services to include a FREE, symptomatic and preventive Health Care Clinic, an inner-city Youth Center, a transitional Family Shelter and a 145-acre campground for disadvantaged children statewide. In 1996, we became known as Good News Ministries to more accurately reflect our entire community outreach and service programs.