Cilantro Cocina MexicanaAdd to Favorites
18755 Dixie Hwy, Homewood, IL 60430
Saved to Favorites
Please contact the business for updated hours/services due to the COVID-19 advisory.
|Mon - Thu:|
TollFree: (866) 424-3439
Cuisines: Caterers, Family Style, Mexican, Latin American
Price Range : Below Average
I have 9 COMPLAINING issues with this restaurant!
1. They don't sell Horchata! What Authentic Mexican restaurant doesn't sell Horchata!? NONE! They ALL sell it!!!
2. ALL of their non-alcoholic drinks are CARBONATED!? So much for the young children eating there!!!
3. They don't add LIME with their meals. Sad.
4. ALL of their food is BLAND and FLAVORLESS. I repeat NOT REAL MEXICAN FOOD.
5. They charge extra for chips and salsa (also horrible) and carbonated fountain drinks. NOT worth your MONEY!!!
6. PRICES are RIDICULOUS!!!!!!! I know refried beans, rice, lettuce, tomato, and skirt steak don't cost no freaking $15.00 a plate!!!!!!
7. The ONLY free drink, water, is also horrible!!! It had a nasty aftertaste like they don't believe in filtration!
8. Staff was unattentative. I had to ask for napkins and water at least 3 times. When we had another question, she walked away before we spoke!!! Just plain WRONG!!!
9. The music was NOT authentic AT ALL!!! Sounded like white-based alternative rock music sung in Spanish. NOT GOOD MUSIC AT ALL!!!
I have forewarn you about this imposter of a restaurant. I hope you find something better than this garbage! I will NEVER eat at CILANTROS EVER, EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
07/28/2011Provided by Citysearch -
Having seen this place on the TV show Check Please I thought I'd give it a shot. Wow, what a mistake.
Nasty food, warm beer, sickening Margaritas clearly from a bottled mix, noisy room... somebody stop me.
Their refrigerator was struggling or some such excuse so we were given a glass full of ice with our beers to be used to ""chill"" the glass. Yeah right, that'll work.
Just to be complete, we had Queso Fundido as an appetizer. It came out on a shallow plate, not the usual deeper container. The cheese was cheap, and a small dollop of chorizo was thrown in the middle without even being mixed in - nice. The flavor was not good.
My benchmark for Mexican food is always the mole dishes. The mole at cilantro was horrible. Little spice, no depth of flavor, and a canned flavor.
We couldn't get out of there fast enough. Stay far far away.
09/14/2009Provided by Citysearch -
Whoever is cooking at Cilantro does not grasp Mexican cooking. For the “basics” (burritos, tacos, etc), Cilantro does an OK job. I ordered Chiles Rellenos, which is a traditional Mexican dish. It was not very good. My chiles were soggy, and there was nothing in the cheese to anchor it in the chili, so whenever I cut into it a blob of cheese would plop out onto my plate, surrounded by soggy poblano juice. Also, the beans were canned, and the salsa was more mild than Tostitos.
I really don’t have a problem with canned beans if you’re cooking at home and don’t feel like taking 5 hours to make some refried beans. But if I’m plunking down $10+ for a meatless entree, there had better be some house refried beans on my plate.
The tragedy of it all: their margaritas are AWESOME! So if you’re in the Homewood/Flossmoor area and you need a margarita, check out Cilantro. Unless it’s Sunday, or after about 9:30PM. Cilantro is only open until 10 Mon-Thur and Saturday, 11PM on Fridays. Otherwise, Pepe's sadly has better Mexican food.
You can't find a better place for authentic Mexican food! The owner is terrific and quite personable. The restaurant is decorated perfectly with an outdoor garden eating area! On the weekends it will be busy so be prepared to wait maybe a half hour but it is well worth it! I think the wait just backs up my thoughts on the place! The BEST of the BEST!!!